Guest Kc9400

<t>Whose in the wrong?</t>  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Whose in the wrong?

• Mercedes
    • Renault
    • Both

Both were driving like a pair of twats.

Merc was undertaking (not illegal) very dangerous and just driving like an all round nobber

The renault was doing what we'd all like to do, but again just making a danger on the road and waiting for someones vehicle to be damaged.

Solution

Get bikes, less traffic for all :D

You're supposed to use both lanes and then filter in at the end, I don't see why people inside on having a much longer single queue than a slower moving double queue.

I do it on the bike in a heart beat. And in the car I've not had one that extreme but I'll be following the others down the empty lane. That's the rules of the road!

The Renault is just being your typical butt hurt, moral police brigade.

The Renault was in the wrong for not going a simple blind spot check before moving out.

OK - the merc was going a little quick but wasn't breaking the law and his speed does nothing other than put his own safety at a higher risk.

As always, this is a classic case of being frustrated waiting in line and angrily decides to move into the clear lane to get some distance covered. Any potential collisions would not happen unless this guy had the lack of awareness shown here.

A mate crashed his bike and totaled it in a similar circumstance. He didn't help himself by not being on the left hand side of the left hand lane but still wasn't his fault and insurance confirmed that and paid out.

The Renault was in the wrong for not going a simple blind spot check before moving out.

OK - the merc was going a little quick but wasn't breaking the law and his speed does nothing other than put his own safety at a higher risk.

As always, this is a classic case of being frustrated waiting in line and angrily decides to move into the clear lane to get some distance covered. Any potential collisions would not happen unless this guy had the lack of awareness shown here.

A mate crashed his bike and totaled it in a similar circumstance. He didn't help himself by not being on the left hand side of the left hand lane but still wasn't his fault and insurance confirmed that and paid out.

I think the Renault did the check and decided to block him from passing. As opposed to not checking, it's a deliberate and dangerous blocking move.

The rules of the road are not necessarily the rules of the British who love a good queue. Not being a part of the queuing procedure just isn't cricket and therefore is against the rules!

Renault boy obviously wanted to make sure everyone played fairly with the queue system (I'm guessing he'd enraged himself to beetroot stage by this point) so pulled out and blocked the carriageway (illegal - tut-tut). Merc boy also did a naughty by trying to undertake on the hard shoulder.

In my view, Renault boy is the naughtiest for petulantly pulling in to the nearside lane to prevent the Merc jumping the queue and moving his vehicle to block the Merc drivers attempts to get around him. If it wasn't for his actions, no offences would have taken place.

I think the Renault did the check and decided to block him from passing. As opposed to not checking, it's a deliberate and dangerous blocking move.

So he's still in the wrong then!? Lol

So he's still in the wrong then!? Lol

Totally! :booty:

I actually have an issue with people who do not use both lanes in this situation like this.

In many cases, they go to the trouble of making and displaying signs which say "use both lanes" - this is to reduce the tailback, to prevent blocking junctions/roundabouts etc further back down the road. So queing in one lane is not only against the highway code, but inconsiderate to those behind you.

You should follow the signs and road markings and get into the lane as directed. In congested road conditions do not change lanes unnecessarily. Merging in turn is recommended but only if safe and appropriate when vehicles are travelling at a very low speed, e.g. when approaching road works or a road traffic incident. It is not recommended at high speed.

The renault driver is 100% in the wrong. If he wants to sit and wait, that's his own decision.

What the merc driver did was safe and correct

I managed to waste a bit of time reading up on this stuff yesterday and because being typical British and loving to queue we actually cause more delays.

Apparently the best system for this is using all available space but not to the point where it's stop start. It's called zipper merging so the traffic can flow at the same pace but everyone merges like a zip which keeps the flow going.

We have a bus lane operational between 7am and 10am then again from 3:30pm to 7pm near my house. Outside these time I always use it and get some serious looks from drivers. They sometimes try to block me by moving over. There is something really weird about us British. We really do like queing!

section of road on my commute where people like to queue. I don't - so use the free lane every morning. Most the time people allow you to merge. sometimes people don't. They're just butt hurt. I allow them to get on with their life in the knowledge their blood pressure is now higher.

People need to take a chill pill and calm the f**k down when driving (says me, about the most angry person ever behind a wheel, but trying to reel it in!)

section of road on my commute where people like to queue. I don't - so use the free lane every morning. Most the time people allow you to merge. sometimes people don't. They're just butt hurt. I allow them to get on with their life in the knowledge their blood pressure is now higher.

People need to take a chill pill and calm the f**k down when driving (says me, about the most angry person ever behind a wheel, but trying to reel it in!)

Haha you're not the only one. I can get pretty mad at people sometimes. I normally reign it in pretty quickly though because it only makes you a danger to others :)

Not clear from your comment if it really is a free lane or if you are using a lane marked for another purpose, e.g a right turn lane, then butting in. That is illegal, and it really annoys me. Why do drivers think they are more important than everyone else trying to get to work?

I have one the opposite on my way in to work, using the empty lane slows everything up:

A31 dual carriageway into Guildford and then the lanes split. Left hand lane goes onto the A3 and right hand lane goes into Guildford. A3 lane is always queueing for about the last mile but lane into Guildford usually clear. I'm heading into Guildford and the people who go up the right hand lane to where it splits and then stop in the middle of the road with their left indicators on REALLY annoy me, ends up with the whole right hand lane queueing for the twats!

I have one the opposite on my way in to work, using the empty lane slows everything up:

A31 dual carriageway into Guildford and then the lanes split. Left hand lane goes onto the A3 and right hand lane goes into Guildford. A3 lane is always queueing for about the last mile but lane into Guildford usually clear. I'm heading into Guildford and the people who go up the right hand lane to where it splits and then stop in the middle of the road with their left indicators on REALLY annoy me, ends up with the whole right hand lane queueing for the twats!

That is definitely queue jumping.

As has been mentioned, when two lanes are merging into one due to roadworks/lane closure then the 'Zip' method is the correct way to get through this.

Problem is, when people see you using the space in the less crowded lane they assume you are pushing in, won't let you merge and then it's catch 22.

It's shame people don't keep up to date with the Highway Code. The roads might be a nicer place

i do not know why they are not using both lanes, i do not know if the merc was intending on filtering into the right hand lane at some point. because i dont know i am not one to comment.

What i can say is that i have been the person in the merc before, but it was to help someone how was helping the traffic keep moving with his van. he was keeping pace all the way to the end so that the filtering lane was steadily moving rather than people doing the mercs suposed intended trick. but when it came to getting back into line the first car that he had stopped from coming past blocked him from coming over, so i stopped to let him through. strangely enough the car blocking him then thought he would like to get around me as a punishment for stopping. WRONG! he failed and ended up about 6 cars back.

At the end of the day, some people like to queue and others dont, i have a habit when turning left on the way to work of going down the right hand empty lane and all the way round the roundabout. people seem pissed off with me when i join the left lane again cos i 'pushed in' but no, i just used my brain cell. not my fault i understand how a roundabout works :twisted:

i have a habit when turning left on the way to work of going down the right hand empty lane and all the way round the roundabout. people seem pissed off with me when i join the left lane again cos i 'pushed in' but no, i just used my brain cell. not my fault i understand how a roundabout works :twisted:

There are a couple of roundabouts here that calls for that action ;)

I was amazed the other month when approaching one of these roundabouts. The left hand lane was virtually empty and the right lane was about 10 deep. I got the front of the left lane (going left) when I get a load of abuse from the woman driving the car at the front of the right hand lane. She actually had her left indicator on and had been holding up everyone behind her and it was my fault I wouldn't let her turn left! I just did a 'loopy go round the f**king roundabout hand signal' shook my head and continued on my way.