Bank Hol Monday 4th May: To Rykas Cafe....and beyond!

Can't do this one due to a boating holiday. It's also the Hastings run that day, I would have done that if I was able.

Deffo up for another one on the late bank hol or another weekend as long as it isn't morning of the 16th when my baby goes in for her second service.

Here is the route: http://oi60.tinypic.com/2wmm438.jpg credit to Phil Young :)

I'll get to the cafe at 1345. We aim to set off at 1400. Around an 80 mile trip, with a stop at Whiteways Cafe half way. I've checked this route and it's brill!

Tailgunner is still needed.

When do we get my burger??

I'll go tail gunner if you like. I dont mind mopping up the stragglers.

Head there for as early as poss? :lol:

I wanna (veggie) burger too - will try to get there early to guarantee burger time, but driving lesson before may prevent that...! May bring emergency snacks and have one after :mrgreen:

So just to confirm, peeps who are coming along are:

Tataray

BikerMoo

Fozzie

Joeman

Perky80

Matt Strange

Paul-Kent

Raabey

WorminatorII

Soll

Alex, can ya make it?

Btw, the weather forecast has changed already! :thumb:

715372616_ScreenShot2015-04-30at06_43_34.png.447f32c76e8be831c3fb636757ba21f0.png

Pssssst, next bank holiday so I can come on my big bike :D

We've got an airbed, so long as you don't mind shacking up next to the hamster (he has that "rapey" look about him) then we are all good :thumb:

Also, throwing out there 80 miles is a monster trip for a 125 ride out :wink:

50 miles around some tight twisties will take a good hour or two for the smaller bikes.

Also, throwing out there 80 miles is a monster trip for a 125 ride out :wink:

50 miles around some tight twisties will take a good hour or two for the smaller bikes.

It's 73 miles and you will be at rykas for ~5pm. We have 125's that do 100 miles+ without problems and some are faster than those on 600cc+ so it totally depends on the rider...

125cc's are fine as most can exceed the speed limits for single carriageways but (and this applies to bigger bikes too) if the rider isn't confident and wants to potter around a 60mph limit at 40mph then yes, it will take time. As 125cc's don't do a huge amount of marking, they should be fairly fluid. The alternative route takes you through lots of busier roads and towns, this won't be fun or as fluid...

Also have to bear in mind that you will have riders travelling up to an hour or so for the ride, so you don't want to make it TOO short as they'll leave wondering when the ride will start :wink: 70-80 miles is a decent run, not too short and won't run into the night :)

Time of day, weather, riders, distance from start, sunlight etc. have all been taken into account and you folks have a good ride planned there... I'm sure you will enjoy it :)

I live down this way and might be up for this ride. If youre going from Rykas and heading down south you want to get yourself on the A272 and head towards loomies on the junction with the A32. The A272 is one of the best biking roads in the UK, loomies does a decent bit of food too.

Bear in mind if you are planning to use the A29, it is closed for resurfacing between the roundabout near to Beare Green all the way to Ockley.

Thanks for the heads up!

lookslike im gonna have to drop out , as the missus has clocked on to the Hasting may day run and wants to go down to the coast if the weather is good.....

sorry guys.. maybe next time

:bang:

Weather watch not looking good [emoji22]

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/05/01/176125f29c105a6c9f40a8ea20ff0f4a.jpg

Saw this just now myself...see how it goes...worst case scenario we can re-arrange. I'm sure it'll be glorious sunshine for the rest of the week that we're back at work though! :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang:

Ahhh....the joys of trying to organise a rideout Moo..... :wink:

You could, of course, have arranged a meet at a cafe, where some people had travelled 5hrs to get there, just to find the cafe was shut...... :wink: :lol: :lol:

Yep, weather looking better! As long as it holds, will be there :thumb: , pretty sure Fozzles is coming too. I am hoping to get a helium balloon today for tomorrow :mrgreen: ...Depends what time I get back to Cambridge for (as long as shops are still open!). The bike pics are useful - will have a better idea of who to look out for...

Of course, my hair is ridiculous - brown and purple... this was taken yesterday :mrgreen:

http://i766.photobucket.com/albums/xx302/BikerMooFromMars/2C19F047-775F-432A-A15E-77438A3E679A_zpsx7cf0qwn.jpg

This is Ermintrude...

http://i766.photobucket.com/albums/xx302/BikerMooFromMars/4B45D064-3712-4E14-A0A8-10FCE7DE8036_zps0t4lvftj.jpg

And Fozzlebags on his bikey...

http://i766.photobucket.com/albums/xx302/BikerMooFromMars/Rideout%2004%202015%20Shandy%20Drinkers%20and%20Cambs%20TMBFers/P1010631a_zpsvlvagmua.jpg

I think it will be my hideous textile jacket weather, or at least ots of jumpers under leather jacket weather :lol: . Looking forward to it though 8-)

Edited by BikerMooFromMars