Bank Hol Monday 4th May: To Rykas Cafe....and beyond!

If its not raining I will come and join you. Fancy a nice long ride. Reckon it will take me about two hours to get there so will aim to arrive about 1ish. That will allow me time to get lost lol.

Look out for a fat bloke on a red Honda cb500.

Ps if anyone else going from Suffolk/Essex maybe we can meet en route??.

I've been bugged up with a nasty cold, but I feel a bit better today. Yesterday was a struggle, riding

a whopping 5 miles over to a client's house! :lol: :oops:

I don't feel ill as such now, just v.very tired zzzzz. Should be good, weather looks o.k. so far......!?

So, what time tomorrow will we get the final "Go/No-Go" decision?

with people traveling 2 hours to be there for 1pm, id suggest we make the final decision by latest 10am.

Weather looking good - woo hoo! So those coming along should be:

Tataray

BikerMoo

Fozzie

Joeman

Perky80

Matt Strange

Paul-Kent

Raabey

WorminatorII

RiffmasterII

Come along with a full tank of petrol - or we can all go somewhere to fill up first? What's best? I'd look into nearby petrol stations if it weren't such a mission to do this post on my phone!! Shall we aim to be there by 2pm (earlier if ya wanna burger, the caf can get pretty busy!), set off by about 2:15pm in case of anyone running a bit late/allow us to have a chat first? I bought normal balloons - look out for the purple haired muppet with balloons on their white CBF125 next to a taller Fozzlebags ( :mrgreen: !) with a shiney dark blue FZ6! Try to park nearer the benches maybe? We know a couple of ya and will remember a few bikes, so shouldn't be too tricky.

Soll you defo not joining us? Hope you are feeling better Matt - there's been a whole lot of lergy going around! Hope you can make it but no worries if not Alex. And would be great to have you stay for a rideout when you have your Ninja300 Rickaaaaay! Tango, only just seen your post - bless ya that's pretty funny!!! Sod's law! :lol:

Posting on TMBF on your phone is hard work...and just found out what happens when you add smilies from your phone :lol: !!!

image.jpg.78cbe8b0463ca8e57177e455b9f6a763.jpg

Tataray

BikerMoo

Fozzie

Joeman

Perky80

Matt Strange

Paul-Kent

Raabey

WorminatorII

RiffmasterII

[/color

KD79 to be added to attendees weather permitting :)

Tataray

BikerMoo

Fozzie

Joeman

Perky80

Matt Strange

Paul-Kent

Raabey

WorminatorII

RiffmasterII

Come along with a full tank of petrol - or we can all go somewhere to fill up first? What's best? I'd look into nearby petrol stations if it weren't such a mission to do this post on my phone!! Shall we aim to be there by 2pm (earlier if ya wanna burger, the caf can get pretty busy!), set off by about 2:15pm in case of anyone running a bit late/allow us to have a chat first? I bought normal balloons - look out for the purple haired muppet with balloons on their white CBF125 next to a taller Fozzlebags ( :mrgreen: !) with a shiney dark blue FZ6! Try to park nearer the benches maybe? We know a couple of ya and will remember a few bikes, so shouldn't be too tricky.

Soll you defo not joining us? Hope you are feeling better Matt - there's been a whole lot of lergy going around! Hope you can make it but no worries if not Alex. And would be great to have you stay for a rideout when you have your Ninja300 Rickaaaaay! Tango, only just seen your post - bless ya that's pretty funny!!! Sod's law! :lol:

Posting on TMBF on your phone is hard work...and just found out what happens when you add smilies from your phone :lol: !!!

the plan is to go to hastings now as per missus, however depending on the mood she is in i might just say bollocks and join u guys.. shes royally pissing me off today

Sounds good Moo!

Just a quick note after 1415 we will be setting off so if you're late, unlucky!

If you've got time and don't know what the cornerman system is, here it is:

* One rider is nominated the leader at the start - always at the head of the group.

* One rider is the tailgunner - always at the very back of the group

* If a junction or roundabout is encountered, the leader will point to the rider immediately behind him to stop safely and visibly on the corner of the correct exit to take. The corner-man then points which direction the rest of the riders should go. This corner-man then waits (and waits!) until the tail gunner arrives.

* Only when then tailgunner arrives can he then leave his corner and catch up with the group. Do not leave before the tail gunner arrives though - or people will get lost, the system will break, and the ride fall apart!.

* If in doubt at a junction or roundabout - drive straight on! ( though check the other exits properly first )

* If you are immediately behind the leader, keep an eye out for corners you are likely to be asked to mark. If you think the leader has forgotten to mark a corner, please do so voluntarily.

* Its also possible for a leader to leave several cornermen at a complex junction - the entry and exit, say.

Hope you are feeling better Matt - there's been a whole lot of lergy going around! Hope you can make it but no worries

Aw, Thanks!. I'm a little better, will be making my way down - i already have a nice route planned in my satnav.

I'll be there with a full tank(ish), there's several petrol stations north+south of the cafe.

Sounds good Moo!

Just a quick note after 1415 we will be setting off so if you're late, unlucky!

If you've got time and don't know what the cornerman system is, here it is:

* One rider is nominated the leader at the start - always at the head of the group.

* One rider is the tailgunner - always at the very back of the group

* If a junction or roundabout is encountered, the leader will point to the rider immediately behind him to stop safely and visibly on the corner of the correct exit to take. The corner-man then points which direction the rest of the riders should go. This corner-man then waits (and waits!) until the tail gunner arrives.

* Only when then tailgunner arrives can he then leave his corner and catch up with the group. Do not leave before the tail gunner arrives though - or people will get lost, the system will break, and the ride fall apart!.

* If in doubt at a junction or roundabout - drive straight on! ( though check the other exits properly first )

* If you are immediately behind the leader, keep an eye out for corners you are likely to be asked to mark. If you think the leader has forgotten to mark a corner, please do so voluntarily.

* Its also possible for a leader to leave several cornermen at a complex junction - the entry and exit, say.

Just to add, of you see someone drop a mark and ride off before the tail gunner arrives, mark the corner yourself.

Also once you've marked and you end up at the back in front of the tail gunner, feel free to make your way back up the pack if its safe to do so.

I shall be on a big green one dressed like a lollipop man

I just saw your picture properly on my laptop and almost died of excitement....I F***KIN LOVE the 1400!!!!!!! ARGHHHHHHH CAN'T WAIT TO SEE IT :shock: :shock: :shock: !!!! I've never touched one (well, not a real life proper not-on-display-at-a-bike-show one)!!! Can I touch it (carefully!) ?! :angel1:

I take it the tail doesn't have to know the route too well? just follow?! :)

Seeing as I'm on a 1000cc I shouldn't have any problems like lagging behind or gaining ground - So I'll do it, if necessary!?

Last time!

Confirmed:

Tataray

BikerMoo

Fozzie

Joeman

Perky80

Matt Strange

Paul-Kent

Raabey

WorminatorII

RiffmasterII

KD79

And possibly coming but not sure :mrgreen: :

Mealexme

Soll

And yes, buggering off by 12:15 :thumb:

My driving lesson finishes at 12:30, will get kitted up and head off after with Fozzles. Be there for a burger, balloons and chat by 1:30 hopefully, if I don't faff too much :lol: . I think Chris is concerned my bike isn't going to make the rideout and is suggesting I ride pillion - I'm gonna risk it I think - unless there are any issues on the way to Ryka's - in which case I'll hop on the back of his Fazer for the rideout :lol: . Got a horrible clutch rattle when Ermintrude is warmed up - but at least my steering bearings are now sorted! :mrgreen:

Hey dudes. Just want to say have a great time and I hope the weather holds for you!

I'd love to join in the fun but it's 115 miles away from me. :-(

I shall be on a big green one dressed like a lollipop man

I just saw your picture properly on my laptop and almost died of excitement....I F***KIN LOVE the 1400!!!!!!! ARGHHHHHHH CAN'T WAIT TO SEE IT :shock: :shock: :shock: !!!! I've never touched one (well, not a real life proper not-on-display-at-a-bike-show one)!!! Can I touch it (carefully!) ?! :angel1:

Of course, jump on the back if you like

Hey dudes. Just want to say have a great time and I hope the weather holds for you!

Would've loved to see you there, but dw, there will be other rides 8-)

Of course, jump on the back if you like

Awww thanks, would love to but I'm meant to be riding this one! See if Ermintrude behaves! :mrgreen:

Thanks for adding me to the list Moo :thumb:

Weather looking okay for tomorrow so far fingers crossed.

Just working out my route down there as I don't have a bike sat nav (do have Google map on phone so that will do as a back up).....Looks straight forward enough a12\m25\a243 a24 basically follow signs towards Dorking. Reckon I will leave about 1030ish to arrive in good time and to factor in breaks.

Should be good.

Would've loved to see you there, but dw, there will be other rides 8-)

Yeah, remember, we're at the very beginning of rideout season