Speed camera vans

fq-craigus

Does anyone know for sure the answer to this as looking on the web theres a lot of speculation but nothing certian.

In lincolnshire does anyone know if the camera vans can track speed of a vehicle while aproaching the front end of a camera van. I know they have radar equiptmentin the back catching cars coming towards the back of the van and going away from the back of the van and i know there is a camera in the front to catch rear facing plates such as bikes, but i was silly and came towards a van yesterday from the front. Also on the aproach i was on a long gradual bend and not aproaching from head on. I know the classic line of wait and see but i was hoping someone would know for sure if they catch you this way too

Was wondering this yesterday, although i passed under one sat on a bridge over the A1.

I approached it going too fast, obviously slowed to speed limit once passing under it. Im assuming they can only catch you in a car seems we have no front plate?

My understanding was that they had to take an average speed reading over a set minimum distance, so when ever ive see them, I jam on the brakes and slow right down to well below the limit, so as to reduce my average speed to something closer to the limit. So far its worked for me..

I jam on the brakes and slow right down to well below the limit, so as to reduce my average speed to something closer to the limit. So far its worked for me..

So you're the nob causing all the traffic jams then. ;-)

I jam on the brakes and slow right down to well below the limit, so as to reduce my average speed to something closer to the limit. So far its worked for me..

Actually trying to cause an accident so i can prove that the "safety cameras" vans are actually just "motorist mugging" devices.

If we all had a crash at the site of a camera vans, we could mess up the safety figures so badly that they would have no choice but to stop using them for health and safety reasons...

Actually trying to cause an accident so i can prove that the "safety cameras" vans are actually just "motorist mugging" devices.

If we all had a crash at the site of a camera vans, we could mess up the safety figures so badly that they would have no choice but to stop using them for health and safety reasons...

That's so crazy it might just work.

Golly...

But I just got a new exhaust I don't wanna scratch it..

Just to cheer you up, fella I know came round a Bend on his bike to be faced with a camera van facing him in the distance, he got done , fine and points, so yeh they can get you on a bike, think the newer vans have 360 degree cameras, so they get you approaching ,as you go by and as you ride off in to the distance, only way out is to say someone else was riding it, as they won't have a pic of your mooey, unless you had no lid on.

Just to cheer you up, fella I know came round a Bend on his bike to be faced with a camera van facing him in the distance, he got done , fine and points, so yeh they can get you on a bike, think the newer vans have 360 degree cameras, so they get you approaching ,as you go by and as you ride off in to the distance, only way out is to say someone else was riding it, as they won't have a pic of your mooey, unless you had no lid on.

He aproached the front of the van not the rear of the van? Unfortunatly for me if they can get you out the front window of a van then ill be up in court at the least, my own fault i know. I slowed down so when i passed the van and rode away from the rear i was doing the limit, but approaching the front end of the van i was over

is it the safer roads humber van?

if so I dont think they can do you from the front

the operator is always hanging out the back and they have 1 camera in that thing