Training

Bill_on_a_bike

I really really want to go on a track day and safely, calmly learn to take corners well.

My only concern is most track days sound like you turn up, have a briefing and then bugger off and get on with it. I sort of want some more involved training. Is that sort of thing always available? With a novice group maybe?

You can book a instructer 1 2 1 for about £150.

A race coach for about £500

Or look at black&white bike instructed trackday.

Iirc its about 300 notes.

3:1 or 2:1 instruction/free photos/suspension set up/cake.

And they run 7 x 30 min sessions insted of 7 x 20min sessions.

Tbh if you can ride without falling off then book a day in novice and have a ride around. Theres not much to it.

Msv sometimes do novice only days.

Novice is a good group, your to slow to get into any real trouble and everyones nervous of a pass.

Inters is the worse group, everything from complete newbies to racers who couldnt get into fast because it was full.

If you fancy cadwell your more then welcome to set up with me.

something like thos would help me too... any at brandhatch?

Kent Fire Bike Course is good value.you'll learn lots of stuff and get some good track time.

yeah thats what im looking for, cadwell park is a bit far away for a first time.

problem i have is ill have to get some leathers..... any excuse :)

Kent Fire Bike Course is good value.you'll learn lots of stuff and get some good track time.

got a link or something.

got a link or something.

This is the details..

http://www.msvtrackdays.com/bike/calend ... -kfrs.aspx

Hopefully they will be doing it next year.

It's a really good day and very cheap!

All kinds of bikes there from cruisers to sportsbikes. Fun to see them all on track at the same time.

Take a look at this thread to see some YouTube vids:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=56634

Bill, I've done the Ron Haslam day and had an Absolute blast! :mrgreen:

The instructor I had was a Gem, he really helped get my head into working with the bike to improve your riding and I still find myself using the weight movement tips on the road to make my riding safer (Not to be a little racer girl! :P)

Honestly was a great day, I'd consider going again for sure :)

Oh and if you're worried about age I think I was the youngest one there, lot of guys who were just getting into biking in their 30/40s :D

Here's some slow laps of brands that I filmed following the fire bike. Nice and sedate to get a feel for the circuit layout, then after two laps you're allowed to go off at your own pace.

Skip forwards - Engine starts at about 1min 55seconds..

">http://youtu.be/hGW0qzNVavo

">

This looks like so much fun but I'm slightly accident prone so I worry I would spoon it :(

I only ever break awkward things too :(

You'll be fine! The track is very wide so you have to do something pretty silly to end up on the grass.

Ride at your own pace. It's not a race, just a chance for anyone with a bike to get some tracktime.

Here's some faster laps from the day. You can see all sorts of bikes were out there. Not a race, just a safe place to ride your own ride. I was getting familiar with the circuit and experimenting with gears and stuff whilst being careful of other riders who might not be aware I was there..

We were allowed to overtake from the start/finish line, but people were a bit inpatient! Lol

http://youtu.be/ly7a5i65WX4

[strikeout]It's saying it's a private video?[/strikeout] working now thanks :thumb:

Maybe when I have a bit more experience I shall look into it! It does sound exciting. Other half would probably be up for it but maybe we're a bit too competitive to go together....

Edited by Hoggs

This looks like so much fun but I'm slightly accident prone so I worry I would spoon it :(

I only ever break awkward things too :(

Track is way safer then the road and your concentrating 100% on your riding, not whats comming around the next corner that could hit you/pull out on you.

Its really addictive though. Its cost me thousands.

Track is way safer then the road and your concentrating 100% on your riding, not whats comming around the next corner that could hit you/pull out on you.

Its really addictive though.

I really loved this part of the post ^

Its cost me thousands.

^ This bit made me concerned I'd end up selling a kidney!

You will sell a kidney (insert smiley)

Tbh its as cheap or exspensive as you want it to be.

As you get quicker you chew through tyres faster.

Regular oil and filter changes.

Bike upgrades

Tracktime

Van/ trailer

Tyre warmers.

You will sell a kidney (insert smiley)

Tbh its as cheap or exspensive as you want it to be.

As you get quicker you chew through tyres faster.

Regular oil and filter changes.

Bike upgrades

Tracktime

Van/ trailer

Tyre warmers.

I think something like this would be ideal, one for the experience and secondly to learn to trust my bike, find my limits and try and expand them without involving or risking others... then use that experience to ride safer and better on the roads.

plus i am determined to erase my chicken strips, but in the current climate.... im too scared, was travelling a corner the other day i do everyday but was in a rush, was leanig more in the corners, telling myself trust the bike it more capable than you are, when for a split second i saw a dark patch on the road, front wheel hit it and the front wheel skipped a bit..... bike become more upright and pants filled alittle...... but i know i can do more and better, would rather do it on a track than the road, as roads are covered in crap and crap riders and drivers

but i know i can do more and better, would rather do it on a track than the road, as roads are covered in crap and crap riders and drivers

Please just take it easy out on the roads.. We all know that feeling of wanting to push the bike that bit more, get that bit more thrill but.. You never know when that tractors going to pull out, when that animal will run from the hedge row under your front wheel.. etc..

On a track the ambulance can be with you in minutes, if less. There are people there who's only job is to pick you up if you go skidding over the kitty litter.. Not so much on country roads..

This wasn't meant to sound condescending at all, I know it's difficult to get emotion over with typing but I really would hate to see another thread appear to say we've lost one of our numbers again.. :(

:stupid: defo not worth pushing on the roads and especially as at this time of year the tarmac tends to break up a bit more :) Also I have noted more rubbish about and having slid ever so slightly one wet day on a drain cover reminded me of all the stories of people binning it on squashed coke cans.....