Start of season meet 16/04/16

Stu

Unfortunately won't be able to make this Saturday due to not being allowed time off in the morning and one of my closest friends dad has recently gone into a coma so I want to keep him company, I hope it's a good ride out for all those going and ride safe!

:cheers:

Iam going to get up...look out the window...and make my decision then.

If (like Stu) its has bad as they forecast i too will stay at home.

but i may take a ride up to the Squires on Sunday morning, if weather is better

Getting a bacon butty and coffee down our necks before putting the bike gear on. Just been round the corner in the car.....3 degrees on the outside temp sensor..... Think we need layers today!!

Plan to leave around 9 and stop at Grantham services for warm up and fuel.....hopefully get the Squire's for 12 ish..... 8-)

I see some where scared of the cold :lol:

Good to see those that made it

for those that didn't then hopefully see you through the year :)

Didn't get too wet but by eck was it bloody cold

Journey back was dire......heavy sleet around Newark, which covered the outside of the visor in slush and caused the inside to steam up.....couldn't see a bl**dy thing........and then the same thing around Grantham.....A nice covering on the road, so dropped the speed to 50, which most cars did too.......but it then cleared and had a decent run back from there........except Mandy broke down temporarily, which I think was carb icing due to the sudden drop in temperature. But we're both back safely now...... 8-)

Was really nice to see those that made it up there....... 8-)

Yes, it was an eventful run back. I called Green Flag but then cancelled them when I got going. The Bonnie is a right diva. The edge of the A1 is not fun with no hard shoulder when it is sleeting and hailing with lorries going past. Fortunately I wasn't too far from a junction and a guy stopped to help me. He wasn't a biker but probably should be. He had an awesome platted beard! I'd already lost Bob because we couldn't see bugger all. Bob went back for the car while I phoned the breakdown people but when the sun came out, Bonnie decided to start!

Need some beer now

More than likely carb icing Bob!

glad you wasn't stranded!

I wasn't stranded, Stu........I'd already b*ggered off....... :wink: :lol: :lol:

this is where bluetooth headsets help!

well it would have helped Mandy but it would have stopped you getting home and getting warm :lol: