Is there such a thing as a sat nav without a screen?

Oh, I know I could just not look (assuming there was anywhere to mount it on a 125). I don't look at the one in the car, on the rare occasions when I'm not using a map. I can't look and drive and am quite happy with spoken directions.

It seems a bit silly to have a feature I won't use.

It's something I will use only rarely and it's not worth spending a fortune. Also, I know this is a silly question, how do you attach it to the power source?

Any recommendations?

Thank you.

Phone in pocket/tank bag with headphones (preferably bluetooth). Easiest power option is to get a usb adaptor or cigarette lighter to battery. Plenty of bike specific ones on evilbay

If you're not bothered about looking at your screen wire a cigarette charger to the battery and get plug in sub adaptor so you can plug your phone in and keep it under the seat. Then get a Bluetooth receiver that you can plug your headphones into.

A great app for your phone is copilot.....that's assuming you have a smartphone??

I do this for Sat Nav at the moment.... You have to be careful of such instructions as "take the roundabout". Also when you get to double roundabouts it can struggle to keep up with the instructions...

I have found google the best for routeing although it does "find a faster route to accept this route tap the screen now" which is kind of annoying....

I have Google and CoPilot and Google is far superior in my opinion...

Hi, l would go for co pilot live in the phone linked to a helmet blue tooth head set. Remember that without a down loaded map in your phone you have to transmit and receive data to find your way which a, will cost you and use up your data allowance b, make you rely on a decent internet connection. You'll need a back up power supply for your phone as the gps connection will rinse your phone battery. I have a new Nokia phone linked to my head set, music, phone, tx and maps all hooked sync together brilliant! Unbelievable that the phone will actually read out a tx to you and then ask you if you want to reply. Technology where's it going to end??

Now my brain is hurting. I've looked at the Google and the Navmii stuff and just can't figure out how to get them on my phone, or any of the similar apps. I ask for it to be installed and it tells me it's installed and then there seems to be no way to just put in a location to try it out. Looks like I'll have to go back to maps, map memory, and stops toget the map out of my rucksack. Sigh.

A Samsung SM G357FZ, Android version 4.4.4., if that means anything to anybody. A good all-round phone that has way more features than I will ever use (I wish I could get rid of some of them but they can't be uninstalled, so what a waste of space).

I had Navmii on my phone for driving (yes I know shoot me) which worked a treat, it was literally just a case of inputting the address and it ended up looking like a TomTom. Had to take it off though as my poor 16GB iPhone is starting to run out of space.

Definitely think it's the superior option to google maps for sure

Another mapping app is MAPS.ME this is a complete downloaded set of maps. Does route planning but does not need to link to the cloud. So no down load fees. But it does not do real time traffic inf. but there again my Zumo doesn't do that on the bike, only in the car.