5 days 'til test + get my bike!!

Also on bikes the reg has to be on two lines or it's an MOT fail and possibly some unwanted attention from the police if it's a slow day ;)

Exactly.. Unfortunately :(

Only option was to be equally as illegal and move the M to the top row.. But I done that on the car (had a jap car with square reg) and think I lasted 3 weeks before a £60 fine greeted me through the post :(

Well, the bike has been back to M&S AGAIN due to the bike stalling EVERY time you pull the clutch in.. Resulting in me stalling either at lights, mid gear change or in the middle of a roundabout.

Again, no problems, fixed it free of charge and are even fitting a new chain and sprocket set I've supplies them with. They're also ordering a locking pin FOC since my set didn't come with one.

Well, the bike has been back to M&S AGAIN due to the bike stalling EVERY time you pull the clutch in.. Resulting in me stalling either at lights, mid gear change or in the middle of a roundabout.

was this just the cable being too tight? .... or too loose I've confused myself thinking about this :lol:

I was having such a good day I removed my pillion grab rail and footpegs to give the bike a much cleaner look.

Then i thought I'd even the bike up and drop it on the other side. I'm starting to think I'm not cut out for this.

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160314/b1167aefad87fbb46fc7a6262046bf6c.jpg

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160314/8d95b1e234f0240ea876dd67e922018c.jpg

Liam.

Head up lad.

Shit happens. Take your time with things.

Have a tootle for a few month then you can start modding it n dicking about with it.

No matter what anyone says. Riding a bike and the upkeep of a bike is not easy.

Many many learning curves will be taken.

Enjoy and keep your chin up. :thumb: :thumb:

The reason why you need to budget for a toolkit and prepart to get your hands dirty when you buy your first bike!!

Don't worry about it, easy fix, just hope you didn't tell your insurance company about another accident...

liam,

its only bits of plastic and metal, and to be honest nicer replacements can be found.

Touch wood i havent dropped my new bike, dropped my 125 several times, luckily all pretty much noob stationary mistakes.

I have started getting the tools out on my bike and its under warranty. so wonder if i have voided it yet :P

looking at changing my tail tidy for a smaller one so i can fit my smaller plate, other wise, just get ouit and ride. side within your own ability and progress from there.

My cb500f is a brilliant bike, but its not the fastest or the most nimble but its ideal for me.... I raised bars and put a screen on it and a load of other shit, that i removed over the weekend.... back to basics this weekend.

I was at a set of lights, had to look at my right foot as it was caught on something.. As I leaned right I subconsciously leaned the bike left.. Big mistake.

10:30 at night at a set of lights and the car in the other lane just pissed off.. Ignorant useless bast*rds :(

I've since removed all plastics, replaced a few tabs and cleaned things up, removed broken bracket, foot pegs, pillion pegs and pillion grab rail for a cleaner look. Replaced both indicators and gear levers and just waiting for my new bracket to arrive as my new foot pegs arrived yesterday.

Eh I broke the front mudguard on a gsxr 750 motogp after 2 weeks when I forgot the disc lock.

Shit happens, can be easily fixed tho.

Done this on both my gixers now

Yup done this, luckily it's just a small crack so I pretend it's not there :lol:

It must be costing you a bloody fortune mate :shock:

Cost me about £300 in repairs/replacement parts so far in the 5 days I've rode the bike ([emoji20]) but that's only because I've bought shiny new adjustable/custom bits.. I could have just as easily left the bike how it was but I don't wanna be seen on a beaten up bike (I don't mind a few marks here and there.. Adds "character" apparently, haha).

Bike is all fixed up with all new adjustable brackets, footpegs and levers and I'm back on the road! [emoji4]

Anyone know how to get a bit more bite from my front brake? There's a bit too much travel before it bits.

Also any tips on adjusting clutch lever so to make sure the clutch is actually 100% disengaging and I'm not riding the clutch?

Bike is all fixed up with all new adjustable brackets, footpegs and levers and I'm back on the road! [emoji4]

Anyone know how to get a bit more bite from my front brake? There's a bit too much travel before it bits.

Also any tips on adjusting clutch lever so to make sure the clutch is actually 100% disengaging and I'm not riding the clutch?

Glad to hear you're back on the road.

The brake and clutch issues are probably to do with the new levers.....maybe try to adjust them out from the bars a bit.