Guy Martin Wall of Death...

KTM21

• 2 weeks later...

Just finished watching it. Brilliant, padded out a bit but certainly worth the watch. You can always rely on Guy to be entertaining and it made a nice change to have something watchable on the TV. I am sick of talent shows and baking programs. A couple of hours about motorbiking can't be bad and to top it all he established a new world record.......again. Well done that man. :cheers:

Lots of fun! Yeah bit padded but fun seeing the training. Dunno why DC keeps cropping up everywhere though!! :lol:

Shame he didn't get another run in. Think he maaay have just edged 80

I've been planning to watch this live but never made it home in time, so will catch it on catch up tomorrow.

Glad to see positive reviews so far. I find Guy is very entertaining to watch and he is so passionate about everything that he does.

DC may have cropped up due to the production company being owned by DC, as The production company that does F1 on Channel 4 is owned by DC.

The news comes as Whisper Films was awarded the production contract for Channel 4's F1 coverage, with a number of BBC production staff to form part of the team.

Coulthard, former BBC F1 presenter Jake Humphrey and ex-BBC Sport F1 producer Sunil Patel set up Whisper Films in 2010.

Channel 4 took a minority stake in the production company in 2015 as part of its Indie Growth Fund.

"The F1 world has been incredibly impressed with what Whisper has delivered over the last five years and Channel 4's decision is testament to that," said Coulthard.

"I'm looking forward to being part of an exciting new era for Formula 1, with Whisper Films and our proven level of creativity and innovation very much at the heart of that."

Whisper Films executive producer Patel added: "Whisper Films has an unrivalled production team with over 20 years' experience in Formula 1 and unique contacts throughout the sport.

"Channel 4 and the sport have talked about a new approach and we believe we are ideally placed to deliver this."

North One Television, which was responsible for ITV's F1 coverage when it had the rights, will work with Channel 4 to produce a number of accompanying F1 programmes.

Channel 4 will screen 10 grands prix live and without advertising breaks per season, with the remainder to be shown as highlights.

watching it now - pretty good show.

But why didnt they let him do his final run?? he was ready to go and was told he couldn't go again...

got me thinking though, could you pull a wheelie on a wall of death??

watching it now - pretty good show.

But why didnt they let him do his final run?? he was ready to go and was told he couldn't go again...

I think it was because it was a live show and they had to go on an ad break.

You should tweet the science guy from it!

I don't think you could, with the front wheel lifted it's closer to the centre of the circle so tighter radius thus higer g-force pushing it back out against the wall. ..

Also did you notice guys home built bike had no front brakes??

I will stick this here. The guy who helped Guy train for the wall of death is going to be doing his wall of death show at our annual Founders day show on the Sunday. At Stanford Hall in Leicestershire

12803218_1163457923688043_7880516869379552324_n.jpg?oh=ee51929298d013c7d1404e79303d9717&oe=578C24DB