Mercedes-Benz or Honda Apprenticeship?

KTM21

Hi guys :wave:

I'm in the process of getting a car service tech apprenticeship and I've got a bit of a choice to make. For Mercedes-Benz, I have gone through tests, phone interview, actual interview and I just recently finished a work trial. If what the tech's at Mercedes said was anything to go by, I should (hopefully) be offered the position. I'm still waiting to hear back from them whether or not I have got the job. I applied to Honda over a month ago and I have just got an email today saying they want me to do a phone interview. I'm going to do the phone interview no matter what but the thing is, what is Mercedes get back to me before I'm able to do a work trial at Honda? So basically I'm asking whether anyone has experience as to which programme is better?

Things worth mentioning:

The Mercedes-Benz dealership I would be working at is way bigger than the Honda one.

The Honda position is in London whereas the MB position is outside London (possibly lower wages).

I'm not far from the Honda training centre so I would not have to stay in a hotel for the Honda training periods.

The MB position involves working on AMG's, Maybach's and other prestigious vehicles.

The Honda dealership also services bikes as well so I imagine I would gain some new riding buddies (the bike tech's).

Any info or advice you can give is appreciated :)

My wife works for one of the countries biggest multi franchise. They have everything except lexus all over the country. She's in HR and covers a lit of the sites. From what she's told me, Honda are the best to work for as far as career progression and training. Mercedes-Benz and landrover, although good companies to work for are a nightmare for high staff turn over.

Take from that what you will mate and good luck for the future!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Are you sure that BMW Motorrad isn't an option? Because from what I've heard, their servicing fees are based on a simple formula:

(value of bike divided by 20) * (age of bike in years) + arm + leg - soul = hourly rate

You'd be rich in months :lol:

Mate of mine worked for MB in Spain. When he wanted to move to the UK, it was easy for him to get a job with MB in the UK.

And he gets to take home flashy mercs for test drives...

Honda cars are for old people who smell of wee..

So would you rather take home an AMG or a wee soaked Honda?

Mercedes for sure :thumb: only old people drive Hondas , who wants to work on a car that smells of wee and Wurthers .

:lol: :lol: just read Joemans post above mine .

My wife works for one of the countries biggest multi franchise. They have everything except lexus all over the country. She's in HR and covers a lit of the sites. From what she's told me, Honda are the best to work for as far as career progression and training. Mercedes-Benz and landrover, although good companies to work for are a nightmare for high staff turn over.

Take from that what you will mate and good luck for the future!

I had heard that Honda had the best training in the industry.

who wants to work on a car that smells of wee and Wurthers .

I quite like wurthers :lol:

True story, when I was in wales camping last week, there was a lesbian convention setting up in the field next to mine. I popped over to give them some leftover camping gas, and in return (at 11am!) one of the rather butch looking ladies gave me a swig of her vodka with Wurthers dissolved in it!! Now that tasted great!!

I had heard that Honda had the best training in the industry.

Honda are great with their staff, but lacking a bit on the product/facilities, mercedes are less with the staff but better facilities. Training is probably better at mercedes, but i wouldn't go to main dealer.

vodka with Wurthers dissolved in it!!
who is brewing it for the rally?

True story, when I was in wales camping last week, there was a lesbian convention setting up in the field next to mine. I popped over to give them some leftover camping gas, and in return (at 11am!) one of the rather butch looking ladies gave me a swig of her vodka with Wurthers dissolved in it!! Now that tasted great!!

I've had pear drop flavoured vodka but wurthers...oh man that sound good!

Merc is obviously a better brand, that's all it is. What employee benefits would you get from both companies? i.e. shares, discounts, company car, etc. That's what would help me make my decision.

lesbian convention

I didn't realise that was a thing :lol:

I am pretty sure it's not as great as we are all thinking :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wait! Why were you at a lesbian convention Joeman?

I didn't realise that was a thing :lol:

Well they ain't gonna draw cat faces on themselves, are they now...?

Well they ain't gonna draw cat faces on themselves, are they now...?

Maybe not , be pussies sitting on faces though .

I got the Mercedes apprenticeship :cheers: Everyone I have spoke to at MB have been really friendly so I'm happy with the decision. Cheers for the responses guys :D

Jose I usually do that with skittles :wink: love flavouring vodka.

Anyways... I'd rather work for MB, for sure. Probably a great way to start your career. Good luck getting what you want, keep us posted.

I got the Mercedes apprenticeship :cheers: Everyone I have spoke to at MB have been really friendly so I'm happy with the decision. Cheers for the responses guys :D

Congratulations! [emoji41]