Footballers, the best paid and worst performing.

Throttled

After team GBs stunning performance in the Olympics, I think that it is worth noting our best paid sports people are also our worst performing. Wales getting to the semi-final of the Euros is now considered to be a magnificent achievement. Our clubs now rarely excel in Europe. Considering how good we are at sport now, with the money from the National Lottery, lots of very hard work and dedication from our relatively small nation, it is time for our footballers to step up.

I finally watched a Scotland game a few days ago. I was not intending to, I was in the pub with a mate when it came on. To win 5-1 against Malta was considered a brilliant score. No, our footballers should be doing that in their sleep with one hand tied behind their backs if they were like our Olympians.

Yorkshire on its own came 17th in the Olympics, ahead of Canada, new Zealand and South Africa. Yorkshire is presently represented in the top football league by Hull City FC whose list of "honours" primarily consists of being runners-up. No other Yorkshire club is in the top league. They are rubbish compared to the Olympians.

No Olympian embarrassed themselves like England did vs Iceland at the Euros. The England U21s have just humped Norway 6-1, but that is the exception and not the norm.

So footballers of GB and NI, get your fingers out and start winning, regularly and easily.

I hate English International Football, nothing ever changes and I won't see any big improvements in my life time I'm sure.

Yup agree with that , they will get through the qualifying stages of World Cup ( probably) then do shite in the tournament...

I like football but must admit when it comes the England I'm not fussed about watching them now .

From my experience of going through the development squads, there is far to much emphasis on how to gain free kicks and penalties than actually keeping the game flowing. The Scottish development squad head hunted me and took 3 years to convince me to join them. I lasted 8 months before I left as I was sick to the back teeth of them focusing on stupid stuff like "how to keep a defender at arms length without getting a foul" and such.

The sheer number of players who cannot use both feet to control the ball is amazing in my view. I could control the ball no bother with both feet since I was 8. It is pathetic when they claim they missed a goal because they used "the wrong foot".

But then... it is only male footballers that get paid stupid amounts of money. Take a look at Julie Fleeting, professional player, but has to work as a PE teacher - she was my PE for a few years.

I am very much talking about male footballers. I found this

"Average Premier League wages have reached £22,353 a week – before lucrative bonuses – or £1.16million a year.

Average Championship earnings are £4,059 a week (£211,068 a year), less than a fifth of players one division above.

In the bottom division, League Two, their weekly pay of £747 is not much more than the national average."

The League Two players are on £38,844, which is way above the national average. I am sorry, but considering what they achieve that is way too much.

I hate English International Football, nothing ever changes and I won't see any big improvements in my life time I'm sure.

I have noticed a marked improvement in their 'diving skills' - the RADA accredited courses are really paying dividends!

:up:

Got to pay for all those silly haircuts somehow.

I'm looking forward to the return of the perm.

http://img.bleacherreport.net/img/slides/photos/001/858/625/keegan_crop_north.jpg?w=416&h=300&q=75

Got to pay for all those silly haircuts somehow.

I'm looking forward to the return of the perm.

http://img.bleacherreport.net/img/slides/photos/001/858/625/keegan_crop_north.jpg?w=416&h=300&q=75

This always makes me thinks of large daft dogs, like the English sheepdogs, when they try to run with all that hair in their face! :shock:

http://www.yourdog.co.uk/images/stories/blog2013/dog_hair_causing_gunk.jpg

I don't know how they do it.. :lol: