How hard is it?

onesea

OK Today I did something a little bit naughty but nice...

A little burn out... I thought they where meant to be difficult? it really was not... Although it did square up an already square tyre nicely...

So the next question has to be intentional Wheelies and Endows and other such things how hard are they?

Wheelies really depend on the bike!

The TL would just lift the front with no effort! I had a GSXR 600 before that and it used to wheelie but it took some provoking

The FJR on the other hand is a no go! I actually had the rear wheel spin up when trying :shock: although I have had the front up this was fully loaded with a pillion and giving a lot of throttle :lol:

Mine is relatively easy to wheelie... Either sit a little further back on the seat or stick something heavy in the top box then pull away quickly and the front comes up.

I hate the feeling of it though :-/

Note I said intentional Wheelies and Stoppies...

Unintentional Wheels 2 up on Trophy are not uncommon.. I once managed one on my 125 when I came out of a junction a bit sharp straight at the curb the other side of the road :shock: .

I also managed an accidental stoppie on the my Mod2 After hazard avoidance I was going a little quick and only just stopped in time for the cones.. Back wheel came up and got it down before I started to loose my line. Not certain how I passed, I got one right rollicking form the examiner my instructor was struggling to keep a straight face....

The FZ6 seems to keep its front wheel down quite well, which I should not complain about!

I guess that has put me off trying for the last couple of years...

Now I have a curiosity.. I know if I get front wheel up I need to cover back brake but are there any good guides instructions out there.....

On quite roads away from people etc before the any PC set sets in......

Apparently my MT07 is a wheelie machine, I gave it a go in 1st after watching YouTube "power wheelie" which is, speed up in first, roll off and then give it a flick of throttle and it literally lifted by.......4mm but it was off the ground!!!! WOOOOOO

Man, I'm shite at wheelies. Getting the front up on the power is easy enough but my instinct makes me get over the front to bring it back down.

I can confirm however that the absolute best time to do a burn out is immediately before you trade it in. :-)

Never tried a proper wheelie, popping the front on the power but only momentarily.

Absolutely love winding it on as you go over a crest and hovering the front as you power down the other side. Had a few oh shit moments but got a feel for it now! Few good roads up here for that.

No joke - my sr125 is the easiest thing to get the front wheel up on. The smallest among of gas... Release clutch and bang it's up. Unless you're doing more than 5mph of course then its a no lol.

I don't really wheelie on the road but do short wheelies off road all the time. Though, At the lights I do because it's funny... These 2 R1s pulled up when I was coming back from some green laning on my SR125. They were revving their engines at the lights so I pulled the fatest static wheelie and although I probably looked like a knob on a 125... I had to do it because they were knobs on thous lol.

I like wheelies. when i get a bit bored i like to pop the occasional wheelie.

Any junction, any round about exit, now over takes i can do them too. I meant, could if i was on private roads :stupid:

I like wheelies. when i get a bit bored i like to pop the occasional wheelie.

Any junction, any round about exit, now over takes i can do them too. I meant, could if i was on private roads :stupid:

Sailing past slow cars on one wheel is great fun..... Allegedly.

Are you actually not allowed to do wheelies on the road, or is it just frowned upon?

You can get done for it I don't know what it comes under though :? I'm sure someone can shed some light on it

Are you actually not allowed to do wheelies on the road, or is it just frowned upon?

You can get done for it I don't know what it comes under though :? I'm sure someone can shed some light on it

Im going to assume reckless riding or something along those lines. Im guessing most are ok, but as mentioned previously there are plenty of videos showing those who aren't in control at all :mrgreen:

I've done the odd burnout, just got to give it some welly and squeeze the front brake :) Keep feet planted and control it when it starts to wiggle around.

Wheelies... it's the wrong time of year to start trying them. Wait till it's nice and dry and you've got good traction, then start gentle.

Think it comes under failure to maintain proper control or something..