Paddock Stands

Its not a hill... its practically a cliff. I rode up it a few weeks ago on my bicycle.. and actually consider that a major accomplishment. I remember parking my 800 outside your door and that was pretty nerve racking. I remember being extra careful that it was in gear... and checking and double checking before i released the brake lever.. and even then a big sigh of relief when it didnt go tumbling backwards.

It wasn't the jack I was dubious of :lol:

I was just impressed the side stand can take the weight that well - but I guess if it's only tilted onto it ever so slightly then it's not really a shock.

It's less stress on the side stand than you sitting on the bike, having it fully loaded with luggage, or it being strapped down on a ferry or in a van. Like most adventure bikes the Tiger has a pretty substantial side stand too. You wouldn't want someone to use one as a baton to hit you with, lets put it that way. :D

I bought something similar of a chap on the Adventure Bike Forum, to take away on the XT. He made them himself and are seriously good pieces of kit. Unfortunately, I got the last one.

As an aside - I think the "spray, push, pant, spray, push, pant" routine is one of my most loathed in biking. I'd probably pay someone to do it if I hadn't got a pair of paddock stands.

I've seen a bodge using bricks and a lump of wood :roll: but I thought [mention]Lateralus[/mention] would like something in keeping with his new bike.

But at the costs be better off with a centre stand :wink:

Just put a bloody centre stand on it.. you can get one for £150. if money is really THAT tight... I'll lend it you and you can repay me when you get back from Spain and are back on a financial even keel.

I have my eye on some farkles.... what's your interest rate like?

• 2 weeks later...

As an aside - I think the "spray, push, pant, spray, push, pant" routine is one of my most loathed in biking. I'd probably pay someone to do it if I hadn't got a pair of paddock stands.

I did this today.

I'm now buying a centre stand.

I thought [mention]Lateralus[/mention] would like something in keeping with his new bike.

You're not wrong! And luckily I came home today to find a letter from HMRC saying I over-paid on tax last year, with the rebate bring sufficient to get a centre stand and take Mrs Lat out for a birthday meal next month! :mrgreen:

And luckily I came home today to find a letter from HMRC saying I over-paid on tax last year, with the rebate bring sufficient to get a centre stand and take Mrs Lat out for a birthday meal next month! :mrgreen:

Winner takes all! :cheers:

• 2 weeks later...