Missed calls from weird numbers

leener

I'm wondering if anybody here can shed any light on this strange occurrence.

My other half has had a missed call from these two numbers:

077426139 and 070497121.

When you call back (and I know you shouldn't), it says something along the lines of, "this number is not in service".

Can't find any trace of them, anywhere.

Anybody had the same thing?

Who calls on a 9 digit 07 number? :scratch:

You'll probably find its something called a robocall, machine sends out unsolicited calls, usually sales and market research, you can't ring them back because the number is randomly generated and changes, this is why its hard to block them, I had a similar problem a while ago and contacted my phone provider about it, there wasn't much they could do, the only advice I was given was not to answer the call, apparently these types of calls can also be scams.

Random generated numbers... Makes sense. The number format wasn't familiar. Luckily, my other half knows exactly what a scam is, if she answered. But, she won't pick up to any unknown numbers. I won't either, unless I'm expecting it.

There are so many doing the rounds these days. Mostly, we get the little guys that are in India or Pakistan in the call centres, pretending to be calling from Microsoft.

I work in an IT department (of sorts) and we sometimes get them ringing up. It's a good chance to wind them up a bit - especially if you know a few tricks.

But, they spoof, or use 020 numbers, don't they?

These 9 digit 07 numbers are very strange.