Great article - Esp for wannabe or new riders

newbiker90

But scary but that’s a good article! I would go and have a class with an instructor but I only have my CBT so I feel it’s a bit of waste of £40

Bikesafe is worth it even on a cbt I would say. I did a similar thing in Essex and learned loads. All stuff about anticipation, road positioning etc. Relevant no matter what you ride.

... it also reduces your insurance...

Possibly

Well most companies I looked at say they give discounted prices for people that have taken the course, so yea....

I have yet to see any insurance company state they give discounts for it!

I have seen them ask if you have done it but it doesn't mean you will get a discount

... it also reduces your insurance...

Possibly

Well most companies I looked at say they give discounted prices for people that have taken the course, so yea....

Not Bikesure.....but then again my insurance isn't high enough to worry about anyway.....but Bikesafe is definitely worth doing anyway.......and Biker down is another good training...... 8-)

I'm still a bit scared of my bike even though it's now a nice tame one. One slip up or misjudgement and it's all over.

I'm probably more scared before a ride, especially when I haven't been on it for a while, than when actually riding but I still have great respect for the bike, lose that and it will bite you :shock:

And the scooter will just as easily have me too if I let it. Be careful out there :cheers:

some forces will not allow l plate riders to undertake bikesafe so check before booking

Leicestershire are one of those forces, they wouldn't let me do it on Ls because they will teach techniques which are not the DSA standard and therefore may make it more difficult for someone to pass their test.

some forces will not allow l plate riders to undertake bikesafe so check before booking

Leicestershire are one of those forces, they wouldn't let me do it on Ls because they will teach techniques which are not the DSA standard and therefore may make it more difficult for someone to pass their test.

I think Cheshire police might be the same but as it didn’t apply to me I didn’t enquire any further.