Carole Nash does it again.

Gerontious

So what are you going to do about EU recovery?

Honda assist. covers me in the UK and Europe up to a point. if the breakdown is caused due to a fault covered by the warranty. They will come out.

MCE offer breakdown cover.. so they can arrange transport of the bike to a Honda dealership. for anything non-warranty.

Puncture. I can fix myself once i get the new wheels fitted.

Just read the small print with MCE breakdown cover [mention]Gerontious[/mention] I’ve only use MCE once and that was when I came back to biking in 2014. They were by far the cheapest. The breakdown cover stipulated the you would be recovered to 10 miles from where they picked you up! Not worth the paper it’s written on. Now they may have changed their policy over the years, but I doubt it.

Also [mention]Stu[/mention] took them to the Ombudsman iirc because they were just plain shit.

Try Principle Insurance I have bounced between them and Hastings Direct over the last few years.

I'm insured... but not with MCE.

This morning I received a phone call where I was asked if the bike was really only worth £1,100.

WHAT? - hold on. I ran to the computer and went back to the comparison site and brought up the details and sure enough the value was £10,000.

So back to the phone and I told them this. they apologised and said there must have been some mistake. and the quote had been revised to just over £600.

I said no thanks. Went to a different comparison site and tried again and this time entered £9,999

The first result was MCE and even lower than yesterday. The second was Bennetts. The third Devitt.

I went for Devitt. only fly in the ointment was there was nowhere to enter an SP30 from mid 2014. but there was a live chat window so i asked about it and they promised me a call-back. minutes later the SP30 added and the quote went down by £30 !!!

I paid for the insurance, the document pack has arrived by email and I have checked it very carefully. value £9,999 and everything else spot on.

£202.70 FC... with all the benefits I need (aside from rescue). I also sorted insurance for the GS £84 TPO. (I don't need more than that, just the legal minimum.)

so... next job is to buy recovery.. but that can wait until later, or I can add it to the policy for £40 as and when i want. I saw no need to pay for that too today.

[mention]Gerontious[/mention] you may find that you have recovery with one of your credit cards. I discovered that my Nat West card has full recovery built in to the fee I pay to use the card. I have since cancelled my other recovery insurances.

i was with carole nash last year, they renewed my policy even after me telling them i got another policy with a different company. they took money off me so i complained and they agreed theyd made a mistake and refunded me my money. then on friday i received a letter saying i owe them money somehow....absolutely bizarre company, just about to ring them and see what the hell theyre playing at!

Could probably start a whole other thread on this, but me and [mention]Magpie84[/mention] are both covered for any vehicle breakdown (including motorbike, she has used it twice) UK & Europe, worldwide family travel insurance, worldwide family mobile phone cover (and you don't need to register your device in advance), 3% interest on balances up to £2.5k, 5% regular saving ISA and commission-free cash withdrawals abroad (although I don't use that as my Halifax credit card gives better exchange rates).

£13 a month and all the monthly fee and benefits are the same if it's a joint account.