First long(ish) ride tomorrow in rush hour, any tips? Pretty nervous.

TomAJ91

Passed CBT yesterday, went out on my Varadero for the first time last night. All went well. First commute to work fine. First ride home after work in rush hour.....Tw*t bumps me from behind while stopped at busy round about and bike goes over (Varaderos bloody heavy too to pick back up on your tod as no bugger stopped and cage driver drove off). Push it over to left hand lane and...front left peg has been snapped off. no were to put my foot when changing gears. No bloody idea how im getting back.

Lucky for me some very nice police in a van pull up, ask if im ok, then use tool kit then had on board to swap out left rear passenger peg. not ideal but enough to get me back home! just a pain changing gear as its a lot smaller etc...

All's good, im fine, bikes more fine too other then peg and back on it for work in the morning :-) luckily works a 15 min commute, im not travelling in rush hour so can take it easy in 2nd and 3rd for the trip. and new peg coming Monday when i'm off work.

Not the most ideal start to my biking experience! not put me off though. Sh*t happens and could have been a lot worse. Cant wait to be back on it tomorrow.

Passed CBT yesterday, went out on my Varadero for the first time last night. All went well. First commute to work fine. First ride home after work in rush hour.....Tw*t bumps me from behind while stopped at busy round about and bike goes over (Varaderos bloody heavy too to pick back up on your tod as no bugger stopped and cage driver drove off). Push it over to left hand lane and...front left peg has been snapped off. no were to put my foot when changing gears. No bloody idea how im getting back.

Lucky for me some very nice police in a van pull up, ask if im ok, then use tool kit then had on board to swap out left rear passenger peg. not ideal but enough to get me back home! just a pain changing gear as its a lot smaller etc...

All's good, im fine, bikes more fine too other then peg and back on it for work in the morning :-) luckily works a 15 min commute, im not travelling in rush hour so can take it easy in 2nd and 3rd for the trip. and new peg coming Monday when i'm off work.

Not the most ideal start to my biking experience! not put me off though. Sh*t happens and could have been a lot worse. Cant wait to be back on it tomorrow.

Bad luck there. Glad you're ok. But I'll bet your first instinct was to pick the bike up which lets the motorist scarper. Leave the bike, it's blocking them to some extent, and get their details first. I have a dash cam glued to the back of my commuter, it's an old that doesn't work but it does seem to make motorists keep a bit further back once they spot it.

Guest Richzx6r

I'd have been asking the feds to get the footage of any local cctv cameras in the area and get that twat done for causing an accident and driving off as that's a criminal offence

Watch out for women with kids driving Range Rovers.

Yeah , the women shouldn't really let the kids drive .

Watch out for women with kids driving Range Rovers.

Yeah , the women shouldn't really let the kids drive .

The kids could probably drive better than some of the women.