Good Morning Good Night and General Chat.

S-Westerly

Good afternoon. It is indeed, as this afternoon I took the opportunity to test the cab of this little old telehandler that we bought, and yes, I can confirm it's good for a half hour snooze 😁

• Haha 1

Good afternoon,

Still recovering a bit from last weeks flu. Was up at 4am yesterday to take my sister to the airport, was a long drive to Heathrow, very teary goodbyes. She landed safely in Australia this morning, and has hit the ground there with a job and a place to live... Pretty good going, although I selfishly hope she doesn't love it enough to stay. :lol: 

Got my grading tomorrow at Jui-Jitsu, should be fun. I have the advantage that my girlfriends dad is a third dan, so I went over to his and did a bit of training with the promise of buying him a beer. Doing 2 gradings in one night, and I'm feeling good about it. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Fozzie said:

Good afternoon,

Still recovering a bit from last weeks flu. Was up at 4am yesterday to take my sister to the airport, was a long drive to Heathrow, very teary goodbyes. She landed safely in Australia this morning, and has hit the ground there with a job and a place to live... Pretty good going, although I selfishly hope she doesn't love it enough to stay. :lol: 

Got my grading tomorrow at Jui-Jitsu, should be fun. I have the advantage that my girlfriends dad is a third dan, so I went over to his and did a bit of training with the promise of buying him a beer. Doing 2 gradings in one night, and I'm feeling good about it. 

Good luck with the grading. 

Can you imagine how good the biking is in Oz... 

• Like 2

Last night I mixed 5 gallons of pancake batter. This afternoon I shall be cooking it all. 

School assembly this morning features my portable gas stove, a mixer and frying pan. 

Last time I did this the pancake ended up on the ceiling. (It was the children's fault, they kept egging me on to toss it higher and higher.) Fortunately our current hall was designed to play badminton in so the ceiling is safe. 

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

Last night I mixed 5 gallons of pancake batter. This afternoon I shall be cooking it all. 

School assembly this morning features my portable gas stove, a mixer and frying pan. 

Last time I did this the pancake ended up on the ceiling. (It was the children's fault, they kept egging me on to toss it higher and higher.) Fortunately our current hall was designed to play badminton in so the ceiling is safe. 

That's such a brave thing to do! 

How many pancakes from 5 gallons? 

15 hours ago, Simon Davey said:

Good luck with the grading. 

Can you imagine how good the biking is in Oz... 

I've been a couple of times, and did some touring (non motorbike unfortunately). The city areas are great for riding, and some of the local mountainous areas present amazing roads, but so much of Oz is just barren flat and arid land, I wouldn't do anything cross country.

Australia is actually a country I once swore to never go back to again, owing to the fact I do not mesh well with long haul flights, and I blew up a sinus on the descent. I'd gotten ill during the flight and it sealed up, creating a pressure pocket that tore as the pressure changed on the way down. 

Now my sister lives there, I'm going to have to change that outlook :lol: 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Fozzie said:

I've been a couple of times, and did some touring (non motorbike unfortunately). The city areas are great for riding, and some of the local mountainous areas present amazing roads, but so much of Oz is just barren flat and arid land, I wouldn't do anything cross country.

Australia is actually a country I once swore to never go back to again, owing to the fact I do not mesh well with long haul flights, and I blew up a sinus on the descent. I'd gotten ill during the flight and it sealed up, creating a pressure pocket that tore as the pressure changed on the way down. 

Now my sister lives there, I'm going to have to change that outlook :lol: 

I used to dive, and that pressure can be nasty if you can't clear it, I can't even imagine the pain of a sinus actually bursting.... Ooooooowwwwwwww

Edited by Simon Davey
  • Sad 1