Good Morning Good Night and General Chat.

S-Westerly

Yesterday to help dry car out (from leak) I left it running on the drive for an hour with heat on full blast and aircon running (to extract the moisture)

It worked really well and when I went back in car everything from the seats to the steering wheel was toasty warm , wish I could preheat it everyday like that!! :lol:

1 minute ago, Tiggie said:

Yesterday to help dry car out (from leak) I left it running on the drive for an hour with heat on full blast and aircon running (to extract the moisture)

It worked really well and when I went back in car everything from the seats to the steering wheel was toasty warm , wish I could preheat it everyday like that!! :lol:

https://www.coopersofstortford.co.uk/leisure/motoring/st06539i/

5 minutes ago, Tiggie said:

Law breaker 😂

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Tiggie said:

In bradford?

Brave man😂😂😂

• Haha 1

Bradford?!!!!!!!!!! How dare you!!!!!!!!  I am in Bingley :classic_biggrin:

It was locked with the spare key and I parked the Wife's car in front of it!

Like i said. 

Bradford 🤣🤣

Its ok mate.

I couldn't do it here......

• Like 1

@NeilM this reminds me of last year when on national news they described Ilkley as a small town in Bradford.  There was outrage from the Ilkley lot at being associated with Bradford 🤣

When Jo Cox was murdered, we were for the initial couple of days described my the national media as a quite west Yorkshire village😂😂😂

Then the helicopter shots started appearing and we became a leeds commuter town😐😐

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Tiggie said:

@Slowlycatchymonkey  Thats what my wife was saying!! kept telling me to go switch it off :lol:

She’s right, section 42 Road traffic act 1988 £20 fine.
But when I leave mine idling to melt the ice I consider that necessary😂 so I suppose you could say so is drying out your car?!?! 😬

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Tiggie said:

Yes, it's always acceptable behaviour when it's the woman that does it! 🙄😁

Maybe something to do with being a woman or just maybe a little something to do with avoiding breaking a different safety law... “windscreens and windows must be kept clean and free of obstructions to vision” 

Its in a thing called the Highway Code, recommended reading for road users or maybe that’s a bit womany? 🙄😆

1 hour ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

She’s right, section 42 Road traffic act 1988 £20 fine.
But when I leave mine idling to melt the ice I consider that necessary😂 so I suppose you could say so is drying out your car?!?! 😬

Isn’t that only when the vehicle is on a public highway, not a drive. However if the vehicle is knocked insurance doesn’t cover it.

10 minutes ago, JRH said:

Isn’t that only when the vehicle is on a public highway, not a drive. However if the vehicle is knocked insurance doesn’t cover it.

I wondered about that so did some digging. The definition of a public highway, it seems, is not necessarily a road maintained by the public purse. A supermarket car park, for example, may also be considered a public highway. As far as I can establish, it’s any road that has public access. 

This is a little concerning since it means that I should wear a crash helmet to ride down our drive (which, of course, I do every time, officer).

23 minutes ago, JRH said:

You’re probably right. 
The Highway Code applies to all public and private roads including car parks, footpaths, bridleways etc and my driving instructor told me it was illegal to leave your car running on the driveway but that doesn’t sound right?

20 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

You’re probably right. 
The Highway Code applies to all public and private roads including car parks, footpaths, bridleways etc and my driving instructor told me it was illegal to leave your car running on the driveway but that doesn’t sound right?

Tell that to the school parents picking children up. They have timed slots to drive through the parking area so most of them arrive 10 minutes early and sit outside our house with the engines running. 

9 hours ago, dynax said:

Thanks LTF good luck with yours, have you any experience with headshot photography, it's not as easy as it sounds is it. Make sure you have plenty of lighting, what colour backgrounds have you got as I have found light to medium greys and blues tend to get better results, and are a bit more forgiving with shadows as they seem to blend in better. Have you anyone to do makeup for you, if not try and find someone as they are always handy to have around, or if you feel confident enough you could DIY, but get some basic tuition as even that is a minefield nowadays.

I myself will be concentrating on the modelling side, as I have the time now to devote to it, although I will still do weddings and potraits whenever I get asked. There's not much difference between what we are both doing, if you get stuck on anything or you want someone to critique, let us know i would be happy to help where i can. All the best  :thumb:

Thank you! I'll drop you a PM rather bore everyone on the thread :)

• Haha 1

It’s a bit of a sad day for us today. Our 19yr old cat had to be euthanised after a long period of decline. Had you told me 19yrs ago how upset and emotional I would be over a cat I’d have laughed. Yet, here I am, looking over at “his” chair and missing him already. 

Silly old sod! 🙁

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

2 minutes ago, Steve_M said:

It’s a bit of a sad day for us today. Our 19yr old cat had to be euthanised after a long period of decline. Had you told me 19yrs ago how upset and emotional I would be over a cat I’d have laughed. Yet, here I am, looking over at “his” chair and missing him already. 

Silly old sod! 🙁

One of my dogs is on its last legs, well it not even on its legs she’s off them. I’ll shortly be joining you in the miseries 😞

9 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

One of my dogs is on its last legs, well it not even on its legs she’s off them. I’ll shortly be joining you in the miseries 😞

We had four cats for a while. They have gone, one by one, each having a good innings - I think this one is the shortest lived. The others I was moderately upset by, but losing this one has really affected me. Probably because this is the one we got when my good lady and I moved in together.

11 minutes ago, Steve_M said:

We had four cats for a while. They have gone, one by one, each having a good innings - I think this one is the shortest lived. The others I was moderately upset by, but losing this one has really affected me. Probably because this is the one we got when my good lady and I moved in together.

It can catch you off guard. Two years ago I had 5 dogs, now 3, very shortly (the next day or so Id say) it will be just 2. 
Each one has upset me greatly, Im not a crier, well almost never but the repeated spontaneous tears when they go becomes unbearable. To the extent I don’t see me getting another dog.

This dog was the first of the five and mother of 3 of the others. I don’t think this is going to be easy. If I disappear for a while, that’ll be why. 

• Like 2