I can I use my bike to go to doctors..

onesea

On 26/11/2020 at 09:02, onesea said:

New clause added to my policy...

Does this mean I cannot go to work on my bike if it includes doing any of these?

868980219_Screenshot_20201126-0859222.thumb.png.7badcd6872ecacf3b808fbfea64c7b16.png

Part c is the major part you have to worry about

If  there is a National Lockdown as we had March onwards 

And your journey was not necessary and you have a moment they could cite this because of lockdown restrictions to curb/minimise the impact .

Edited by TimR

2 hours ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

But it’s ok to ride with a non contagious bacterial infection?  🤣

Like.... Lyme disease? :-S

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, bonio said:

Did you buy personal accident cover as an extra when you took out the policy? Or was it thrown in as part of the package you bought?

Think I paid extra..

Probably was not valid today riding home with a home Corona test in my jacket pocket :classic_wacko: 

9 hours ago, bonio said:

@TimR The clause doesn't mention lockdown, so shouldn't be used in the way you suggest.

To me lockdown was a form of curbing /minimising the impact of a infectious/contagious disease so would that not qualify in their view as :

Clause C AND A

13 hours ago, TimR said:

Part c is the major part you have to worry about

If  there is a National Lockdown as we had March onwards 

And your journey was not necessary and you have a moment they could cite this because of lockdown restrictions to curb/minimise the impact .

I'm not sure that I'm reading it like that - it sounds more like consequential loss to me (although IANAL).

Guest Swagman
55 minutes ago, learningtofly said:

I'm not sure that I'm reading it like that - it sounds more like consequential loss to me (although IANAL).

Let’s face it however we read it they will read it differently.

id soon get rid of them. Motorcycles are a form of transport. I'm not sure why so many class them as a toy. You are allowed to travel to exercise and for many reasons other than work. But its likely your personal cover is being strict and classing the bike as a danger sport. So id get a different policy. if we all put up with this controlling crap we are screwed. People with cars don't get these letters.