What Makes the Ducati 916 Special - History and Review of a Superbike Icon

Bologna998

Hi! :-D

Is new always better? When I think of the best motorcycles ever made I don't really think of any 2020 model. 

My all-time favourite is the Ducati 916. In this video, I'm diving into its design, technology, racing success and legacy. Enjoy!

P.S.: I notice the board has changed. If I have posted this in the wrong section, please feel free to move my post to the right one :)

• Like 2

I must confess I have had a few early Ducs but from this era I thoroughly enjoyed riding a 748 like a complete headcase on road and track.

It flattered you and terrified in equal proportions.

Cheers

Ian

On 22/12/2020 at 20:41, The Hitcher said:

Still looks great today, a very iconic classic, from this era I think as a work of art I’d have the Ducati, to actually ride, I’d rather an RC45.

For sure nothing wrong with an RC45 😁

On 22/12/2020 at 21:19, Ian Frog said:

I must confess I have had a few early Ducs but from this era I thoroughly enjoyed riding a 748 like a complete headcase on road and track.

It flattered you and terrified in equal proportions.

Cheers

Ian

It sure has no ABS or other helpers and loads of torque to remove you from your seat, but when you get it right it definitely is something special 😇

• Like 1

On 26/12/2020 at 15:49, Bologna998 said:

For sure nothing wrong with an RC45 😁

It sure has no ABS or other helpers and loads of torque to remove you from your seat, but when you get it right it definitely is something special 😇

If I had a lottery win I'd probably have a 916,RC45,R7,ZXR750 and an RS250 and NSR250 all parked next to each other really like most of the 90s exotic sports bikes.

1 hour ago, The Hitcher said:

If I had a lottery win I'd probably have a 916,RC45,R7,ZXR750 and an RS250 and NSR250 all parked next to each other really like most of the 90s exotic sports bikes.

and then you will have to buy a nice big cave to put them all in :classic_laugh:

• Like 1

On 31/12/2020 at 14:08, The Hitcher said:

😍 I once wanted to get a ZXR750 many years ago, couldn't afford it though... Awesome bike.

7 hours ago, Bologna998 said:

😍 I once wanted to get a ZXR750 many years ago, couldn't afford it though... Awesome bike.

This. I owned one a couple of years ago but had to move it on. It was a great bike. I'd buy one again in a heartbeat. 

Edited by Guest

On 18/12/2020 at 15:07, Bologna998 said:

Hi! :-D

Is new always better? When I think of the best motorcycles ever made I don't really think of any 2020 model. 

My all-time favourite is the Ducati 916. In this video, I'm diving into its design, technology, racing success and legacy. Enjoy!

P.S.: I notice the board has changed. If I have posted this in the wrong section, please feel free to move my post to the right one :)

Enjoyed the video :) I've subscribed on YT

14 hours ago, Gerontious said:

If it’s a 916 then it has to be the Senna special.

There's one from 1999 with less than 1300 miles on the clock for sale in Kent- a snip at £25,990. As I didn't win the lottery this week I'll not be buying it just yet.

20 hours ago, ZX7R said:

Enjoyed the video :) I've subscribed on YT

Thank you! ☺️

20 hours ago, Gerontious said:

If it’s a 916 then it has to be the Senna special.

I somehow never really enjoyed the red wheels on that one 🤓

On 02/01/2021 at 11:54, Bologna998 said:

I had a go on a friends ZXR400, really liked it but that’s the closest I’ve got to owning one.

I’ve always really liked the look of them,especially in green/blue/white with the pipes out of the fuel tank, just looks so cool!.