Welcome paulc

Admin

52 minutes ago, skyrider said:

there is a quite tidy ntv 600 in blue on fleabay at the moment 

I looked on ebay for a while for a Deauville but always seemed to end up looking at a Triumph Rocket 3😁, I have never bought a bike before without seeing it in the flesh but I did this time and its like a leap of faith but there are some good bargains on ebay. 

43 minutes ago, onesea said:

Thanks for the thought of going underground, a decade or so since i last attempted that.  Although some tank diving brought back the memories a few years back.

I never had an issue with SRT then I was a sailer so understood ropes.

Your in a Nice corner of the country for biking great roads in all direction.  plus you have the best egg run. Although the year I went we road home with snow laying all around.

Tank diving or any diving is enough to put me off for life😊

Sadly the Egg run is no more now but being on the Wirral is handy for some lovely Welsh and English roads too. Roll on summer and end of Lockdown. 

57 minutes ago, paulc said:

Sadly the Egg run is no more now

Is that really no more or another officially no more?

PS I like your location is that work or just nights out, or should I not be asking...

1 hour ago, paulc said:

Tank diving or any diving is enough to put me off for life😊

Sadly the Egg run is no more now but being on the Wirral is handy for some lovely Welsh and English roads too. Roll on summer and end of Lockdown. 

we used to go to jobs in caldy and hoylake nice places 

2 minutes ago, skyrider said:

we used to go to jobs in caldy and hoylake nice places 

Thats the posh part of the Wirral, im in Wallasey with the Peasants, Caldy is for the footy players and talented accountants lol. 

8 hours ago, skyrider said:

you will be handy for the tunnel though :thumb:

Yes and its free for bikers too😊 Hopefully I can put some more miles on her today if it doesnt snow, one thing that I would say about getting on a bike again after so long is that I under anticipated the physical effects and was in agony yesterday with my neck, shoulders and arms after doing 70 odd miles the day before also my tinnitus was worse despite wearing earplugs, the joys of becoming a born again biker😂 

10 hours ago, onesea said:

I like your location is that work or just nights out, or should I not be asking...

Ha, google generated the location automatically I just saw wirral and clicked it on the map, didnt realise it was the cop shop..not work or nights out 😁

8 hours ago, onesea said:

Thank you for that Onesea, I am definately going to get one of those, probably the first one as it looks more conventional to me, I read that the higher touring screen can make bikes buffer at speed but the deflector looks ideal and cheap too.

I put more miles on her today and and discovered that I cannot have the dipped lights on and the heated grips at the same time because battery saving mode kicks in and knocks the grips off which is a bit of a bummer, i know I can bypass it but not sure if it is a good idea. Also with the Deauville having no fuel gauge I wondered how I would know when I it was time to flick it over to reserve but found out after coming home between rides for a pee and forgot to turn the juice back on after setting off again, it was an old familiar feeling that came flooding back to me but on a heavier bike it was a bit alarming lol. but I am slowly getting the feel of her. :D

@geofferz, thank you for the welcome, caving is fun but the club that I am in always debriefs afterwards in the pub after a trip underground and its more fun again :), climbing is too hard for me especially free climbing although I know a few climbers and they are mostly super fit and sylph like, I lack the physique, physical strength also the willpower to stay out of the fridge to be a climber. 

16 minutes ago, paulc said:caving is fun but the club that I am in always debriefs afterwards in the pub after

Having both types of deflector I would says they both work, it comes down to looks.

Lights and heated grips should be able to go together, raises some electrical questions. Monitor and see, on my FZ6 it was the rectifier dyeing.  

Debriefs that’s what I liked about caving, hating small spaces caving was probably never a natural sport for me.

37 minutes ago, onesea said:

Having both types of deflector I would says they both work, it comes down to looks.

Lights and heated grips should be able to go together, raises some electrical questions. Monitor and see, on my FZ6 it was the rectifier dyeing.  

Debriefs that’s what I liked about caving, hating small spaces caving was probably never a natural sport for me.

Thank you for that Onesea, I will no doubt have to look into the heated grips problem at some point, I fear that the grips may be as old as the bike 18yrs because I couldnt find a controller like it on oxfords website or anything, just two blister type buttons on+ and off- , I must be honest they are lovely when they are working :)

I really feel that Biking is better second time around because I used to use my old 250N to get to work, essential travel and stuff and basically needed it but now I just fart about going to Aldi and Home bargains, it is much nicer than it used to be and I am really looking forward to the warmer months :)

cheers again for the windshield links.