Pumping/ siphoning heating oil

Ok, so I need to transfer around 80-100 litres of heating oil from a container into the main oil tank. Seen jiggle siphons, hand pumps and the like. Anyone got a recommendation for something cheap that will do the job as a one off?

I bought this pathetic looking thing a couple of months ago and it’s worked very well for siphoning petrol and then again on dishwasher bilge but dunno about using it for 100 litres over that distance though. Perhaps you could shove a hose on the end of it 😬

https://smile.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B06XKHP8Q4/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

31 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

How did you end up with 100ltr of heating oil in a container?

Ordered 500 litres when it was really cheap in the summer. Main tank took 370 or something and the nice delivery man pumped some into one of those blue storage containers we had knocking round. Seemed like a good idea at the time but now I need to get it in the main tank in a way that doesn't involve me with a jug getting covered in kerosene 🤷🤦🤔🙄🐒

2 hours ago, James in Brum said:

I have tried a couple of drill pumps and found them terrible with Water. 

I'll give you two English pounds if you come round with a jug and transfer it for me.

21 minutes ago, goat said:

Ordered 500 litres when it was really cheap in the summer. Main tank took 370 or something and the nice delivery man pumped some into one of those blue storage containers we had knocking round. Seemed like a good idea at the time but now I need to get it in the main tank in a way that doesn't involve me with a jug getting covered in kerosene 🤷🤦🤔🙄🐒

Aah I remember now having to do something similar after we ran out mid winter and they couldn’t deliver for days, siphoned some out of my in laws tank into a container and into ours. It was a bit messy.

Good luck 😬

7 minutes ago, raesewell said:

It's all about the Septics taking our language Phuquing it up and selling it back to us as original English. Syphon would be the original spelling, both seem to be acceptable these days, not be me obviously.

What is the correct spelling of rectal discharge?

21 minutes ago, raesewell said:

It's all about the Septics taking our language Phuquing it up and selling it back to us as original English. Syphon would be the original spelling, both seem to be acceptable these days, not be me obviously.

I suspected as much. Never heard of septics before :lol:

14 minutes ago, goat said:

What is the correct spelling of rectal discharge?

Look, someone asked me a question and all I did is give my answer. For rectal discharge you would need an arsewipe, you won't have to look far. Do you have mirrors in your house?

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, raesewell said:

Look, someone asked me a question and all I did is give my answer. For rectal discharge you would need an arsewipe, you won't have to look far. Do you have mirrors in your house?

This has taken an unexpected turn. Perhaps back to the heating oil. 

1 minute ago, raesewell said:

I am as bored with it as anyone, I just keep getting dragged into it. From this point forward I am ignoring any questions that get me dragged into this snake pit.

yes its crap (no pun intended) lets move on 

• Haha 1