Is Admin on a retainer?

onesea

1 hour ago, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

Oh well, somewhat related to the original post (which I know is bad form on here but I've eaten all the biscuits) I have just purchased a new pair of Gerbing gloves and battery packs from SBS via the link so that ought to keep things going a little bit longer.

Keep the receipt in a safe place . 😉

1 hour ago, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

They're meant to have a lifetime warranty ....  we shall see how they go.

I only mention this because I used to sell this stuff . I don't think we ever sold a heated garment that didn't come back knackered at some point . Same goes for heated grips and Optimates . With Optimates we used to fill a big box to the top and then get the rep to write them off in bulk so forgive me if I'm a little less susceptible to hype than others . 

11 minutes ago, fastbob said:

I only mention this because I used to sell this stuff . I don't think we ever sold a heated garment that didn't come back knackered at some point . Same goes for heated grips and Optimates . With Optimates we used to fill a big box to the top and then get the rep to write them off in bulk so forgive me if I'm a little less susceptible to hype than others . 

I've put off buying these for ages as wiring in things like gloves just seems to be asking for trouble. But if they're offering a lifetime warranty then hopefully either they are well made or I can get them replaced.

I've used CTEK chargers for years. Never had any problem with them. Never had an Optimate.