Is Admin on a retainer?

onesea

1 minute ago, Stu said:

Nothing to do with sponsorship or lack of! 

Its to try and get you lot talking about bikes and not some of the drivel they do speak :lol: 

I fear you're fighting a losing battle but good luck (you'll need it) 😬

• Haha 2

Guest Swagman

Bikes I had a Raleigh bomber once great bike, when I sold it via the local paper the police came round to see if it was a stolen bike nice of them, There you go bike talk.

Valient effort however my observation is if a post has gone past about 6 posts it is no longer about is original subject. Then it becomes with reading.

I blame the knowledgeable members on here.

Once a problem is addressed the riff raff step in and it digresses, which is often more enjoyable.

Although I do wonder how new members react when they join a forum to gain some community knowledge.

Only to learn that @Six30 lives in @rennie's wardrobe has a manager  for the hotly contested TOTY award.

A prominent member is only a member to gloat about the lively weather in Spain.

The admin is trying to raise money to run away with the proceeds. A number of moderators don't have a bike.

There is a person who actually thinks Chinese bikes are great not just affordable.

Oh and finally they might learn to not ever mention counter Stier.

Which I am now learning is the Admins reason for posting the posts I was mentioning.

They must wonder what a forum rally looks like. 

I picture a "carry on camping" movie staring the cast off Dastardly and Muttley on motorbikes...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, onesea said:

Valient effort however my observation is if a post has gone past about 6 posts it is no longer about is original subject. Then it becomes with reading.

Once a problem is addressed the riff raff step in and it digresses, which is often more enjoyable.

Although I do wonder how new members react when they join a forum to gain some community knowledge.

Only to learn that @Six30 lives in @rennie's wardrobe has a manager  for the hotly contested TOTY award.

The admin is trying to raise money to run away with the proceeds. A number of moderators don't have a bike.

There is a person who actually thinks Chinese bikes are great not just affordable.

Which I am now learning is the Admins reason for posting the posts I was mentioning.

I picture a "carry on camping" movie staring the cast off Dastardly and Muttley on motorbikes...

i did have a manager , he is a twat and was sacked .

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, onesea said:

That's organic and natural!

You don't sit around a table in a pub talking about something, and if somebody mentions something different he gets told to shut up and go to another table.

This whole concept of talking about only one subject in a thread dates back 20 years+ to the original internet newsgroups, which then evolved into bulletin boards, and then forums.

If you want a forum to become a Community you can't impose rigid restrictions on natural discussion.......it negates spontaneity.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, onesea said:

I went to a Forum Rally . If I'm honest I was a bit dismayed at the woefully small attendance . I was equally baffled by the ride out that consisted of ten or so bikes desperately trying to keep up with Stu and myself down some of the bumpiest little lanes in Shropshire . Within minutes the whole convoy was strung out all over the place . We even ended up on a single track road at one point . Sorry if I sound as if I'm having a go Stu but we all had fast sports tourers and we were a stone's throw from some great roads around Clee Hill . I realize that only a tiny minority of members are actually active but I really was expecting something a little grander in scale . 

WP_20180811_13_56_35_Pro.jpg

Edited by fastbob
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, XTreme said:

You don't sit around a table in a pub talking about something, and if somebody mentions something different he gets told to shut up and go to another table.

I do get this and for the most part its never an issue. But when you click on a thread titled " Problems with my GSXR gearbox" and its 3 pages of posts about biscuits then some culling needs to occur :lol:

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, XTreme said:

That's organic and natural!

This whole concept of talking about only one subject in a thread dates back 20 years+ to the original internet newsgroups, which then evolved into bulletin boards, and then forums.

If you want a forum to become a Community you can't impose rigid restrictions on natural discussion.......it negates spontaneity.

Applause GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Tiggie said:

I do get this and for the most part its never an issue. But when you click on a thread titled " Problems with my GSXR gearbox" and its 3 pages of posts about biscuits then some culling needs to occur :lol:

Agree entirely......because there's no way you can go from Gearboxes to Biscuits within a normal conversation. And it is mechanical info and advice related.......so it's something specific and somebody is looking for help.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Tiggie said:

Always been plenty on the rideouts at the rallies I've attended. In fact most of them get split up into two groups to include members on 125's

Screenshot 2020-12-29 at 15.23.34.png

Are you talking about TMBF rallies ? 

3 minutes ago, Tiggie said:

@fastbob Yes. That photo was from one of them. Must of been a crap turnout on the one you went to! :thumb:

@fastbob turned up to the last one we had which was the worst turn out we had due to others commitments at the time but we was also limited on space! 

As has been mentioned before facebook has taken a lot of the members and long gone are the days of a mass turn out! 

• Like 2