CBT Requirement.

Spongefinger

Hi all,

Due to covid and other issues my full licence training has become drawn out and fragmented. I'm becoming concerned that I may not get round to passing mod 1 and mod 2 before my CBT runs out. If you pass mod 1 do you still need a current CBT to take mod 2 ?

Cheers.

Edited by Spongefinger

Oh shit so if I don't pass my mod 2 before my CBT runs out I've got to do my CBT and mod 1 again !! FFS that'll be about another £300 quid. At this point I'm really kicking myself. The amount of money I've spent I should have just bought a 125 and knocked about on it until this had all calmed down , I've investedted so much money now I can't just say f**k it and buy a 125.....hard lesson learned 😕

43 minutes ago, Spongefinger said:

Oh shit so if I don't pass my mod 2 before my CBT runs out I've got to do my CBT and mod 1 again !! FFS that'll be about another £300 quid. At this point I'm really kicking myself. The amount of money I've spent I should have just bought a 125 and knocked about on it until this had all calmed down , I've investedted so much money now I can't just say f**k it and buy a 125.....hard lesson learned 😕

Yup it's shit. When does your cbt expire 

50 minutes ago, Spongefinger said:

Not quite true, you have to pass MOD2 within 6 months of passing MOD1, your CBT does not have any effect on your MOD1, but you must have a valid CBT to do MOD2. So if it expires between MOD1 and 2 you will need to do another CBT before you can do MOD2.

1 hour ago, dynax said:

Not quite true, you have to pass MOD2 within 6 months of passing MOD1,

That's not true either! The 6 months only applies to people "upgrading your licence through ‘progressive access’, you must pass module 2 within 6 months. You have to pass module 1 again if you do." not.  https://www.gov.uk/motorcycle-test/module-1-offroad-test

Edited by KiwiBob

I'm confused now cbt does have bearing on mod 1, you can't take it without one? 

Cbt

Theory

Any order is fineCbt valid for 2 years

Mod 1 expires with cbt

As does theory, if your theory expires first it wipes out the rest also.

Must have all of the above to do mod 2

All must be carried out within 2 years of cbt, all expire with cbt or theory.

That's from my understanding of doing the whole thing a few yrs back.

The whole system needs making clearer and any changes need to kept up to date properly, total shambles at the moment, yes covid hasn't helped but it's not an excuse anymore, someone needs their butt kicking.

9 minutes ago, dynax said:

The whole system needs making clearer and any changes need to kept up to date properly, total shambles at the moment, yes covid hasn't helped but it's not an excuse anymore, someone needs their butt kicking.

It's a bit, convoluted, but usually 2yrs is enough time to pass the tests and work out what needs doing 😁 

4 tests basically, if first 2 expire your out, start again

28 minutes ago, Bender said:

I'm confused now cbt does have bearing on mod 1, you can't take it without one? 

Mod 1 expires with cbt

As does theory, if your theory expires first it wipes out the rest also.

My understanding is that there is no expiry date on Mod 1(Unless upgrading through progressive access)

However, you must have a valid cbt and theory to take mod2. 

If you have passed Mod 1 you can retake your theory and cbt and then take Mod2.

Woah hang on. So my theory expires as well with my CBT !?!?! I'm really confused now. partly fault because of life getting in the way I didn't even sit on a bike for a year after I passed my CBT. Obviously I could not have foreseen covid coming and the issues it would bring.

6 minutes ago, Spongefinger said:

Woah hang on. So my theory expires as well with my CBT !?!?! I'm really confused now. partly fault because of life getting in the way I didn't even sit on a bike for a year after I passed my CBT. Obviously I could not have foreseen covid coming and the issues it would bring.

No, your theory lasts 2 yrs lol, if you did your cbt first and then  your theory lasts longer 😁 

Confused, it's no wonder.

14 minutes ago, Bender said:

If you do not pass Mod2 before your theory expires then you will have to re sit the theory and re do the Mod1 before doing the Mod2.

Taken from

https://videobiker.co.uk/module-one/preparation/module-one-test-paperwork/

That is correct! That's what it says on the back of the Mod 1 certificate!

I was wrong!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Spongefinger said:

Just had confirmation from my training school. Mod 1 is valid for the duration of your theory not your CBT so you don't loose mod 1 pass until theory runs out.

See simples 😁 

Wouldn't have helped me, I did them very close together.

@Spongefinger how much time does that give you