Still struggling .

fastbob

@WD40

When I removed my old bath I found that water had been leaking down the sides for quite a long time by the look of it 🥺. Floor boards were all soft and spongy. 

Sorted that out, thankfully it hadn't got down to the joist work.

My house is a converted bungalow so next to the bathroom is my kitchen. After I had chopped out wall to fit cable for new fangled electric mirror thing I was cleaning up rubble when I noticed a damp spot on floor by wall. I traced it into the kitchen behind the washing machine.

What has happened is the boiler overflow pipe has been leaking and has pretty much destroyed the flooring behind the kitchen units next to the washer.

The overflow pipe goes into the same waste pipe as the washing machine. (never seen that before, I've always seen a copper pipe going to the outside of the house. @Bender?)  Anyway the Flexi pipe used was split so it has been leaking behind there for a long time. I know I haven't had reason to pull washer out for at least a year so that's the minimum 🥺

All in all its probably a bloody good job we decided to do the bathroom as none of it may of been discovered until it was too late :shock:

@Tiggie What boiler you got, if it's condensing boiler the condensate will trickle constantly but that will be in plastic overflow pipe as it would eat through copper.

If it's a copper pipe it's a pressure release and it should vent to exterior wall.

Ariston do a long ish flexi from boiler