Still struggling .

fastbob

I'm still struggling with various aspects of this new forum operating system . The latest one is , if I quote someone and then decide not to actually bother , I can't seem to clear the quotation which may also contain images  in order to write another reply to the thread in general . Can I also take the opportunity to say that the forum seems very dead  of late . There seem to be very few technical queries and apart from sponsored articles , very little motorcycle related content . I appreciate that this may be a seasonal dip but I can't help thinking that the new format is putting people off , particularly the Facebook generation . 

Edited by fastbob

Just insert the quote then delete the whole thing. :thumb: 

Same when you start a reply and then move away, if you're back the forum will keep your text. Then if you don't want to post any longer you have to delete your text.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, fastbob said:

if I quote someone and then decide not to actually bother , I can't seem to clear the quotation which may also contain images  in order to write another reply to the thread in general .

I have that issue as well...

As for the forum being dead. Admin have difficult challenge to much banter it becomes cliquey and of putting.

Technically I guess people are not using bikes to brake or want to improve them. 

Although there is one chooses to knock holes in his sump to try and satisfy the needs for technical help 😁

Mine just attempted spontaneous combustion just after Christmas.  I am sure there will be questions to come on that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Plenty of Chinese bike questions 😁 

Probably just the culmination of seasonal inactivity with the bikes plus added lack of use due to most adhering to the stay at home.

Bob I have same issue with the inserting of stuff it is irksome, sometimes it gives the option to delete it when you return to that thread.

Don't think other than that the new software is that off putting, I must admit I hated it with venom to start with but don't give it a thought now.

Just now, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Click ‘back’ ‘

Then forward again (you know the back n forward arrows on your device?) and a black strip appears with ‘clear editor’ written in it. Click that and it all disappears 👍

That works but not all of the time, and sometimes it will delete what you added to a quote but not the quote itself 

1 minute ago, Bender said:

That works but not all of the time, and sometimes it will delete what you added to a quote but not the quote itself 

Yer ‘copy’ what you want to keep first if it matters. If you refresh the page before the ‘forward’ it always does the trick. 

Anyway whotcha mean no ones doing anything cos of lockdown? I took Mr SCM for his jab today and had to queue in traffic! Loads of mobikes out and being ridden in what I can only describe as a “I only just got this bike and so I’m riding very very carefully” type fashion 😂

2 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Yer ‘copy’ what you want to keep first if it matters. If you refresh the page before the ‘forward’ it always does the trick. 

I will give it a try 👍 

I just post it then delete the post normally 😁 

1 minute ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Anyway whotcha mean no ones doing anything cos of lockdown? I took Mr SCM for his jab today and had to queue in traffic! Loads of mobikes out and being ridden in what I can only describe as a “I only just got this bike and so I’m riding very very carefully” type fashion 😂

My bike will be getting the tank filled on Saturday, it's just a question of where 

2 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

My bike will be getting the tank filled on Saturday, it's just a question of where 

Just click on clear editor - job done. As for the forum, I like the new format however, I haven't been here that long, and as for Technical queries! sadly that's a sign of the times I think. 🙂  

edit: not read earlier post 🤣 that'll teach me 

Edited by Pie man
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, onesea said:

I have that issue as well...

As for the forum being dead. Admin have difficult challenge to much banter it becomes cliquey and of putting.

Technically I guess people are not using bikes to brake or want to improve them. 

Although there is one chooses to knock holes in his sump to try and satisfy the needs for technical help 😁

Mine just attempted spontaneous combustion just after Christmas.  I am sure there will be questions to come on that.

I hear you with the " Cliquey and off putting " thing . Anyway the main offender has f****d off now . 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, fastbob said:

I hear you with the " Cliquey and off putting " thing . Anyway the main offender has f****d off now . 

Thats the thing you say its quiet but you're comparing it to when people where posting just to be obnoxious and trying to compete with each other on who can be the biggest twat and 99% of it was inane drivel 

We always had a slump after Christmas till around March time when people started to get their bikes out and I can see stats from the past years to see that in fact I was only looking at them the other day! 

usually a week after new year it plummets off the face of the earth! this is not helped by the current ongoing pandemic too 

I know people who have lost interest all together because of it also don't forget no one can do a test so any potential new riders have had a kick in the nuts too 

I have been extremely busy with the house as has @Tiggie and by the looks of it a few other members have been too so maybe its just that time of the year 

Feel free to post yourself if you want you don't have to wait for other to post ;-) 

Anyway I blame @Bender for being drunk and disorderly although no formal charges have been made due to lack of evidence 🤔

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Stu said:

Thats the thing you say its quiet but you're comparing it to when people where posting just to be obnoxious and trying to compete with each other on who can be the biggest twat and 99% of it was inane drivel 

We always had a slump after Christmas till around March time when people started to get their bikes out and I can see stats from the past years to see that in fact I was only looking at them the other day! 

usually a week after new year it plummets off the face of the earth! this is not helped by the current ongoing pandemic too 

I know people who have lost interest all together because of it also don't forget no one can do a test so any potential new riders have had a kick in the nuts too 

I have been extremely busy with the house as has @Tiggie and by the looks of it a few other members have been too so maybe its just that time of the year 

Feel free to post yourself if you want you don't have to wait for other to post ;-) 

Anyway I blame @Bender for being drunk and disorderly although no formal charges have been made due to lack of evidence 🤔

That and being sober, maybe I need to borrow dynax's solicitor.

• Like 1

Yep, I am bloody exhausted with the house!

Long story short I have had to replace a ton of flooring in the kitchen as well as the bathroom :crybaby:

I'm getting on top of it now though so will resume my posting duties shortly (hopefully!) 

• Like 1