suzuki gs 500 wanted

im looking for a gs 500 but not the early one with the clip on type bars im after the one piece handle bar, and naked (no fairing) and in decent condition, i keep looking on fleabay and places but they go before i can get to them, i fancy a gs because they dont have water cooling so i think a bit lighter (got to think about my creaking bones in my shoulders with arthritis)

Edited by skyrider

I had a GS500 years ago and then went to a CB500. I have a dodgy back and the CB was more comfortable. It's water cooled but I don't recall noticing the weight being an issue. The engine is a lot smoother than the GS. For work is still use the next version, the CBF500 and I wouldn't swap it. The biggest issue with the GS was the paintwork, mine was terrible. 

11 hours ago, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

I had a GS500 years ago and then went to a CB500. I have a dodgy back and the CB was more comfortable. It's water cooled but I don't recall noticing the weight being an issue. The engine is a lot smoother than the GS. For work is still use the next version, the CBF500 and I wouldn't swap it. The biggest issue with the GS was the paintwork, mine was terrible. 

yes i used to have a cb5 a few years ago but i didnt have it long a lad from leeds bought it and he was going to use it in the cb 500 cup