What are the electric options?

James in Brum

I am quite happy to go electric but.....

There is massive change to be made in vehicle design.

Early motor cars where called horseless carriage.  Look at the design of cars now, electric vehicles need the same development.

IMHO Electric vehicles need to be light, weight will cost bigger batteries more weight less range.

You can make an electric pushbike, do 60mph + 

Sadly I see that as the future of electric motorbikes.

Looking at the bikes listed in the link above as the best just like electric cars.

There are some I would own and use none I could realistically afford.

What I don't get is why Coventry Council has randomly dotted isolated charging points all around my neighborhood when eventually everyone is going to have to get their own charger . Just looks like a stupid PR stunt to me but I bet somebody has got their snout in some trough or other . 

• 1 year later...

Whilst out on a rode yesterday I was introduced to a chap who set up a Zero dealership when they first launched. He had a terrible time with them. Warranty issues were massive. One being the yoke flexing at motorway speed. Apparently Zero knew of this problem but waited until customers complained. Range issues were a huge problem unless the batteries were freshly charged before every trip, which in turn killed the batteries. 

He gave up with them in the end. Which suggests anyone looking at electric needs to read beyond the sales pitch very carefully.  

• Like 2