Edinburgh - Honda Varadero XL125

Hi.  Anyone in or near Edinburgh got a Honda Varadero XL125 that I can look at for reference/sizing? 

I'm tall and looking for a solid bike to build up some experience on. I don't mind a second hand bike and I see they come up for sale down south occasionally.  The only thing that's stopped me so far is that I haven't sat on one, just read the reviews.

Cheers

S

50 minutes ago, sdo1 said:

Hi.  Anyone in or near Edinburgh got a Honda Varadero XL125 that I can look at for reference/sizing? 

I'm tall and looking for a solid bike to build up some experience on. I don't mind a second hand bike and I see they come up for sale down south occasionally.  The only thing that's stopped me so far is that I haven't sat on one, just read the reviews.

Cheers

S

Don't know any one on here that has one, couple have had them, about the biggest 125 you can get, proper little v twin, bit thin on the ground. 

Honda still make them, but it's a mystery why they stopped bringing them into the UK. The demand is still there, a few years ago (pre-brexit) a dealership brought in 5 of them (as grey imports) and sold them almost instantly for £5000 each!!

Edited by Gerontious

https://www.facebook.com/groups/282700375237085

That is one of the XL125's FB groups, might find someone on there.
But it is a good bike. Quite large/heavy for a learner (I found) but very nice bikes.
Also keep their value exceedingly well. I lost nothing on mine after a year of having it.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Used to have one, and see my old one dotting about in Glasgow sometimes.

Cracking bikes that don't look or handle like a 125 really.

Definitely one for the taller rider.

Initially I went to get a CBR125 at the time, but found it tiny (me being 6'), so opted for the Varadero.

Don't know anyone with one tho, but maybe search some of the smaller bike sellers in Scotland who may have one.

Varadero.jpg

• Like 1