1000cc for a beginner (please advise)

NathFZ1

1 hour ago, NathFZ1 said:

Well I actually don't have it yet - he's going to ride it up for me next weekend so can't upload pics until then 😕

@Six30 @Bender @Stu it definitely has.. can't believe it myself - i'm gonna upload the pics when I have it next week

So you couldn't take a pic in the shop, c'mon 😁 

Hope it all goes to plan,  just remember 150hp is going to be a big upgrade from the gladius 👍 

Much better picture. I love it.. my back starts to ache after a while but I think that's because I sit in quite a crouched riding position and its really difficult to find 1st from 2nd and with no gear indicator thats a bit of a pain. What were your first bikes and do they bring you good memories?

20210829_134606.jpg

• Like 2

Nice looking bike, its one I've considered when I can't get on with the R1s riding position anymore.

The only thing between 1st and 2nd is neutral which has a warning light?

Is the clutch adjusted correctly?

The gear change on my R1 is best done without the clutch when going from 2nd to 3rd and up. Using the clutch in higher gears results in jerky changes and false neutrals.

19 hours ago, NathFZ1 said:

Much better picture. I love it.. my back starts to ache after a while but I think that's because I sit in quite a crouched riding position and its really difficult to find 1st from 2nd and with no gear indicator thats a bit of a pain. What were your first bikes and do they bring you good memories?

20210829_134606.jpg

I thought you hadht passed yet !

Its like this.  The idea that you can die on a 600 or a 1000 is misleading.  Both can far exceed the speed limit.  There is nothing you can do on a 1000 that you can't do on a 600.  The difference is that a 600 corners better, it burns less gas and parts will be less expencive.  The concept of betting the biggest bike you can afford is a bragging rights fashion from 40 years ago when a 350cc  and doing a ton was a bike deal.  A2 bikes will do 100MPH+.  There are some absolutely georgeous 600/650s out there. 

The question is; do you want to enjoy the ride or spend you time "managing" the bike?  How much does peer pressure and ego matter to you?  When you pass your test the learning does not stop.  You will become a better rider if you learn to fully exploit a 600cc for a couple of years or 10,000 miles.  

• Like 3