Those Pesky Master Brake Cylinder Cover Screws!?

SloRider125

I've just gone to bleed my front caliper, and those pesky screws on the cover rounded off, so I've had to drill them out... The screw caps came off, and luckily there was enough thread to undo the broken screws by hand.

I have Pan Head screws which I have checked and do fit. however these are not countersunk.

Probably a silly question... Can I use these Pan Head screws until I can get the proper ones delivered from Fleabay, so I can bleed the brake today, or is having the correct screws essential for the sealing of the unit?

Thanks

It depends on how the screws fit. whether or not they are independent of the covers actual seal. most are in my experience. but its something you should check. If they are then it won't be a problem until you can get the correct screws that are better looking and don't stand proud.

Unfortunetly being an outdoor bike, that was kept under a shelter, until the wind ripped holes in the canvas, thus rusting up the external screws, so I think even with the Japanese standard tools, it would of had trouble.

No point in reusing rusty screws anyway. So will replace with proper countersunk screws maybe with Hex head. I'll just bleed the brake once i get the screws.

I believe its the standard Nissin Caliper set.

Thanks