Anybody use them?

As its Summer, I have got myself one so I can take in the sights and re live my rides. Works great and I can even talk into it clearly too.

Doubles up as a stills camera so I can stop and take snaps.

Does anybody else document their rides this way?

does it have to be a helmet cam??????

coco has a camera that fits to the sat nav holder on his bike..........he recorded for some time when we met up with him last thursday........ thankfully he's not put the film up................and if he does he better edit it otherwise you poor lot will spend alot of time looking at my backside!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

the camera also takes stills etc, :lol: :lol: :lol:

i use an Archos 500 with bullet cam.Its got an 80gb drive.stores 320 hrs of video.DV recorder,MP3,MP4,divx.£140 ebay

The hosting site reduces video quality.Great played bk on TV

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j177/J4FF/th_VID0035_EDIT0000.jpg

Goto take it easy going past Northumbria Police HQ(blue car) :lol:

I take videos as pillion as I don't have anything better to do, so I can't help with the bike mounted cameras :(

I do love seeing videos though, so I guess they're worth it :D

Mines actually fitted inside the helmet so I can talk into it and much less wind noise.

Kind of use it as a video blog too, also can comment on what you see.

Its an £80 Fujifilm, with SD capability, so unlimited storage (2GB clip at once mind).

Yeah I love watching ride videos too, and I saw some awesome sights the other week which made me do this.

Once I have the pennies I will get getting one. Wanted one from day one, but decided could not afford it.

webcam and old laptop in a tankbag.. has worked fine for me for years :)

GALLONS of recording space.. decentish resolution (if you dont buy a £7 webcam...) and pretty good battery life to boot.

plus.. adding more cameras is an "easy to do" task :)

Once I have the pennies I will get getting one. Wanted one from day one, but decided could not afford it.

GALLONS of recording space.. decentish resolution (if you dont buy a £7 webcam...) and pretty good battery life to boot.

But, if you come off you've buggered a few hundred quids worth of laptop.

The police use a simular method though, obviously they've got speed stamps and stuff aswell.

Well I have a laptop that is fooked pretty much already. Bit of padding, new Webcam (Or 3) and I might be able to do this....

Hmmmmmmm Bit of work to do in the coming weeks!!

But, if you come off you've buggered a few hundred quids worth of laptop.

The police use a simular method though, obviously they've got speed stamps and stuff aswell.

as apposed to a few hundred quids worth of camera :P

I have an Asus EeePC 900.. PC World stock them for £320, but I got mine for £250 from Fleabay.

shockproof.. tiny.. good battery life.. and does the job perfectly :)

Well I have a laptop that is fooked pretty much already. Bit of padding, new Webcam (Or 3) and I might be able to do this....

Hmmmmmmm Bit of work to do in the coming weeks!!

if you need any help getting it all rigged up and working, give me a shout :)

(btw.. interesting camera angle is from the swingarm looking back, top of the front mudguard and top of the clocks :) )