Avon Cobra Chrome with Roadrider MKII mix

Dawid126

I've got Cobra Chrome front and back on my Harley . I'm assuming the sizes are not available for the Virago . I can't see any reason why not on a cruiser bike ..

1 hour ago, oldgrump said:

Hi, I thought we answered this the other week!!! Avon list a pair of Cobra Chrome's for the Virago 535! So why would you want to put the Roadrider on the front!

Because the 100/90/19 front is too wide, I have spoken with others who have this bike and they said that it would not fit well. Also a wider tire on the front might alter the steering. And they perhaps just have an algorithm to recommend tires one size wider and one size thinner than the recommended size, and also they have 3.00/19 as equivalent of 90/90/19.

Edited by Dawid126

Well, why don't you ask the question on the Avon website or phone them to find out if they recommend running the Chrome with the Roadrider!! They are the Manufacture, even your local tyre fitter should be able to tell you best tyre sizes to fit?

Unless you are planning to fit your own tyres.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, oldgrump said:

Well, why don't you ask the question on the Avon website or phone them to find out if they recommend running the Chrome with the Roadrider!! They are the Manufacture, even your local tyre fitter should be able to tell you best tyre sizes to fit?

Unless you are planning to fit your own tyres.

That may be a good idea. I just though that I would find enough information on the forum and it would be probably quicker than writing to the manufacturer :) I will write to them and let you know guys what they repiled.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dawid126 said:

That may be a good idea. I just though that I would find enough information on the forum and it would be probably quicker than writing to the manufacturer :) I will write to them and let you know guys what they repiled.

Cobra Chrome's front and back . 

IMG_20190718_211618177.jpg

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Dawid126 said:

Looks great :D And what is your experience with those tires? Grip, handling, mileage?

Grip . Difficult to answer because I've never lost grip . Handling . Well it's a Harley and despite the outdated name it's a cruiser with a high center of gravity and a long wheelbase . Mileage . About 6,000 and counting . But none of this matters when you've got a Union Jack , snakes AND snakeskin chicken strips . It would be a shame to spoil them by leaning over too much . 😉

Screenshot_20211218-061917.png

Edited by fastbob
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

43 minutes ago, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

As I said on your other thread, a lot of Bobber / Bobber Black / Speedmaster riders use them and have reported being happy with them.

Yes, but they are using cobras on the front and back and if I could do that, I would surely do because I have read the cobras are good. But the question is about mixing Roadrider MKII with Cobras.

57 minutes ago, Dawid126 said:

Yes, but they are using cobras on the front and back and if I could do that, I would surely do because I have read the cobras are good. But the question is about mixing Roadrider MKII with Cobras.

How do you expect anybody to actually know the answer to your question ? I get where you're coming from , Avon recommend Cobra Chrome but you think that a one centimeter difference in the width of the front tyre will seriously affect the handling . Something I doubt . They offer a Road rider front for the Virago but no rear is available . So you want to mix them . To be honest , 5mm either side isn't going to make a bit of difference so BUY THE COBRAS and we can all move on with our lives . ( Cobras on the left , Road Riders on the right ) 

Polish_20211218_103404675.jpg

• Like 1

I was responding to your question to Fastbob how he found the Cobras. 

• Like 1

You CAN do that  , just stick some Cobras on it . It's one centimeter for goodness sake on a 535 Virago . You really need to stand up to this bike and show it who wears the trousers . 

Screenshot_20211218-115202.png

Edited by fastbob
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

Well they would wouldn't they . Not what it says on their website . This is for Cobra Chrome . 

Screenshot_20211218-103115.png

Edited by fastbob