Anyone Lost their GS?

manxie49

Just an update, the bike was apparently stolen and dumped by some scumbags,  recovered by the Police last night .... No point in saying that I hope the tow rags get caught because they won't be,  we can only hope they sustained some life long injury putting it there in the first place!

One man’s pain may prevent another getting the same. I’m guessing it was dumped because the amateurs that stole it couldn’t get it to start. Some of these bikes are now keyless.  So they might think twice in future. I wouldn’t hold out much hope that they will be caught by the police?except by accident. Or following an accident.

For clarification a tow rag is a piece of cloth tied to a tow rope to highlight the presence of a rope running between two vehicles. It is helpful as aid to safety.

A toe rag is a term derived from the Victorian era when convicts would wrap bits of cloth around their feet as makeshift footwear. A 'toe rag' therefore refers to a person of dubious moral standards.

I wonder if the owner actually wants the bike back? The only time I had a bike nicked I was glad it got totalled in collision with a tree so it was clearly a write off. 

40 minutes ago, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

For clarification a tow rag is a piece of cloth tied to a tow rope to highlight the presence of a rope running between two vehicles. It is helpful as aid to safety.

A toe rag is a term derived from the Victorian era when convicts would wrap bits of cloth around their feet as makeshift footwear. A 'toe rag' therefore refers to a person of dubious moral standards.

I wonder if the owner actually wants the bike back? The only time I had a bike nicked I was glad it got totalled in collision with a tree so it was clearly a write off. 

Thanks for that,  I'm gonna sleep better tonight armed with that information 🤣 The only bike I've ever had nicked was an RD350, I never got it back, and like you, was glad about it,  I personally wouldn't want it back after that.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

Not to be confused with this used_touareg-fl_tech_3x2-2500x1667.thumb.jpeg.aa618831711454d5ad56678a9be5fb98.jpeg

• Haha 4