MGP 2022

manxie49

Just a heads up for anyone who may have booked for this years MGP.  The dates and schedule have now been changed, The Steam Packet are now offering free alterations and amendments to travel for those already booked to attend 👍

271971418_1298179820626656_3876393729998559579_n.jpeg

On 18/01/2022 at 19:14, skyrider said:

and the isle of man TT marshals association are re branding too

Yes you're right,  they're improving Marshall's training as well which IMHO isn't a bad thing.  Things like basic first aid,  incident management now all forms part of a one day course.

4 hours ago, manxie49 said:

Yes you're right,  they're improving Marshall's training as well which IMHO isn't a bad thing.  Things like basic first aid,  incident management now all forms part of a one day course.

yes i have been on three of those courses and enjoyed them 

I was a race Marshall for 15 years, 9 of them as a chief marshal. My first aid training was via Warwickshire Air ambulance service, to a higher standard than your everyday first aider. I was what is known as a BOB, of black overalled bast**d, due to our fireproof overalls being black and orange. I got invited to Marshall at the BSB at Silverstone but wasn't needed, though I did get free tickets so went. The only protection those guys had were straw bales to stand behind, bugger that stopping a bike

Edited by billy sugger
Spelling