Foam mat advice to protect from Soft panniers.

jedibiker

Hi all,

ive been setting up my mrs fazer to take some oxford soft panniers, these are pretty well made with a soft part that touches the bike. Now, I know soft rubber mats are good for this, but i cant help think they will also cause damage if dust gets under them.

and i was looking at the clear film but on the fazer its paint but also a big decal thats part of the design, i wonder if the clear film will take that with it in removal.

anyone use soft panniers who can advise please

Edited by jedibiker

19 minutes ago, Stu said:

Try this stuff 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/262803774020?hash=item3d30535a44:g:aRIAAOSw44BYdqwo

Also watch for any straps that touch too as when I had mine one of the straps marked the fairing and had to be hidden with a sticker :lol: 

cheers will give it a look, :) and this stuff didnt rub with dust etc?

Edited by jedibiker

27 minutes ago, rob m said:

If you want to go cheaper, good old gaffa tape applied to the bodywork where the panniers make contact works just as well. Worked for me in the past 👍

did it clean off ok?

I do have some mat stuff that was meant for rug slip, just slightly bigger holes.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, jedibiker said:

did it clean off ok?

I do have some mat stuff that was meant for rug slip, just slightly bigger holes.

Had to be careful taking it off, I used a hairdryer. If you're worried, I'd go with your original idea. Don't want to be responsible for any mishaps! 😀

• Like 1

Have you considered Ventureshield?

It’s a clear flexible film that protects body work and it designed to be removable.

You can find it on eBay / Amazon.

8 minutes ago, Mickly said:

Have you considered Ventureshield?

It’s a clear flexible film that protects body work and it designed to be removable.

You can find it on eBay / Amazon.

yeah thats the stuff I mentioned, but the panel has the original decal for the bikes design, id hate to take that off but it has been on from new and seems solid. again care needed if I do.

last night we were looking how much clothing do we really need and is 2 tail bags enough. ones 30l ones 40l. be good to not even need panniers. my tank bag is huge for all essentials/puncture kits etc.