Loud exhausts

Hamza

1 minute ago, fastbob said:

Some bikes are just crying out for a loud exhaust , among them the good old ER5 . The GRP one totally transformed the riding experience for me . The standard one on my current ER5 is so quiet that it makes the bike feel so remote that I've no idea what it's doing  . Motorcycling is a sensory experience that should be enjoyed to the full . 

Polish_20220726_174741714.jpg

But not at the cost of annoying those that don't want to sit and listen to bikes screaming past, I can understand where the anti noise brigade are coming  from. 

Mine sets some poor buggers car alarm off in the work car park.

It’s very obnoxious, but I can’t be arsed to put the stock pipes back on. (It also sounds amazing).

Edited by Joe85

3 hours ago, Ian Frog said:

@fastbob for gawds sake don`t play them the Superglide ! I won`t record Fatty either.

Cheers

Ian

To busy riding it . Went to the Royal Mail depot this evening to collect a package . Afterwards the bike somehow steered me to the wrong exit on the A45 island and before I knew it I was the other side of Banbury and heading deep into Oxfordshire. Came back via Woodstock and Shipston followed by a bit of Fosse Way . What an extraordinary machine . I used to do this sort of thing on my GSXR in half the time but I couldn't remember any of it . 

2 hours ago, skyrider said:

i have started to get leanings towards an er5 in decent condition so i have started scanning the free ads etc 

Recommended you join the ER5 Facebook group . 

On 26/07/2022 at 17:02, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

I must confess that I find many modern exhaust systems horrible visually. I appreciate the engineering reasons but you get the impression the design team just don't know what a motorcycle should look like. 

And that includes Harley Davidson .

Screenshot_20220730-094642.png