Flux Core Arc Welding Courses?

Pbassred

Back in my Apprenticeship, we were trained in Acetylene and stick welding.  In the nineties I had a MIG set but the gas rental was annoying for the amount that I used it. I considered getting a TIG set but the price is high and you still have the gas issue.  Recently I discoverer FCAW.  Low power, no gas, you need a rotary wire brush, but other than that its a one-box solution.  I could try to figure it out by trial and error  but I would prefer training. I can find no end of MIG/TIG courses but no FCAW. 

Does anyone know of a FCAW training course.?

I made my trailer using flux wire and after wasting the first reel (1kg) I was making reasonable strong welds.

There are lots of YT clips showing what you need to knnow.

Most is common sense and relates to your personal preferences.

They all mention that you have to set the speed to level X and power to level Y and is a load of bollocks.

You will find what is the right setting for you and adjust it to the metal you're working with.

I got to the habit or ordering scrap metal so I can practice before any work.

The only difference in welders is that cheap ones (lidl type) are AC current and they make a mess.

DC ones are far better with less spatter and cleaner welds.

At the end it depends on how much you are willing to spend.