Heads up Warning!

manxie49

If anyone is travelling here for the MGP via Liverpool, watch where you leave your bike.  A couple have just reported that they had their GS1200 nicked last night from the car park next to the ferry check in.  Apparently a group of scum bags, faces covered.  The owners were a couple of hundred yards away.  So much for a Police presence at the docks.  This has been an issue there for some time, and they know it.  I hope they get their bike back but I wouldn't hold out much hope!  The investigation will probably start and finish with them being given a crime number and told to contact their insurance company.  

• Sad 3

I lived for a few years in Liverpool when I was first married and we had a lot of fun there but thievery was always a serious issue. No idea why, and it's not  just poverty and its been going on for years probably  centuries. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, S-Westerly said:

I lived for a few years in Liverpool when I was first married and we had a lot of fun there but thievery was always a serious issue. No idea why, and it's not  just poverty and its been going on for years probably  centuries. 

You're right, always been a problem.  My younger brother lives there, he's had his van broken into a couple of times.  I had the side window of my car smashed years ago, nothing taken though, that was at Pier Head as well.

I lived in Liverpool for years, and worked down near the Pier Head for a while. I never had anything nicked until we moved to a sleepy village just outside Oxford. Sadly it can happen anywhere. The snag is the thieves know people with nice bikes are travelling through and tend to let their guard down when on holiday.

• Like 2

Pier Head is a known target, especially during TT / MGP periods, they know thousands of bikers are going through those ports and pickings are often made easy fro them.  Lost count of how many times I've seen helmets and coats left slung over bikes, even keys in ignitions,  it's just not safe to do this anymore.  I was under the impression that the Police were going to have an increased presence in these areas because of the crime increase at these times.  I suppose they're too busy now dealing with shootings and stabbings!

35 minutes ago, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

I lived in Liverpool for years, and worked down near the Pier Head for a while. I never had anything nicked until we moved to a sleepy village just outside Oxford. Sadly it can happen anywhere. The snag is the thieves know people with nice bikes are travelling through and tend to let their guard down when on holiday.

Only time I had a vehicle broken into was in Bergen in Norway of all places and an expensive camera was nicked. According to the police it was foreign migrants - this was 1991.

22 minutes ago, manxie49 said:

Pier Head is a known target, especially during TT / MGP periods, they know thousands of bikers are going through those ports and pickings are often made easy fro them.  Lost count of how many times I've seen helmets and coats left slung over bikes, even keys in ignitions,  it's just not safe to do this anymore.  I was under the impression that the Police were going to have an increased presence in these areas because of the crime increase at these times.  I suppose they're too busy now dealing with shootings and stabbings!

More like they are dealing with hate crimes and actual real crime is beneath them.

• Like 1

We're across the water in Birkenhead. A disgruntled tenant tried to burn down the house next door.  Thanks to my wife ordering "a Fire Engine,  please" the building was saved.  Everyone knows who the arsonist is.  But it's "not a police matter",  apparently.

Thanks for the warning,  anyway.  We are planning a visit to the Isle of Man just after the MGP,  but will be going from Heysham (long story).

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Fiddlesticks said:

We're across the water in Birkenhead. A disgruntled tenant tried to burn down the house next door.  Thanks to my wife ordering "a Fire Engine,  please" the building was saved.  Everyone knows who the arsonist is.  But it's "not a police matter",  apparently.

Thanks for the warning,  anyway.  We are planning a visit to the Isle of Man just after the MGP,  but will be going from Heysham (long story).

Certainly a safer Port to leave your bike by the sounds of it .... Have a good trip 

• Like 1