Nil

Having recently passed my Mod-1 I can only advise that you stick with it and remember why you went down this route in the first place. The rewards will be the freedom to choose any bike you wish. I saw the Mod-1 as a set of rules, no grey area's, just specific tasks that were either done as per the rules or not. The examiners don't have flexibility when it comes to a speed device, it's black & white and reassure yourself that you were that close. 

I failed my Mod-2 a few weeks ago (did not cancel an indicator) and I have a brand new 650 sitting in my back garden so I know what how disappointing a fail can be. Learn from it and get a new test date as soon as you can. It'll be worth it no doubt. 

Edited by veracocha
typo

45 minutes ago, KiwiBob said:

There's not really any excuse for not getting up to the required speed on a DAS bike! .. Especially if you have a second go!

There is only one person to blame ... That's you!

I wasn’t making an excuse. Im also not looking for anyone to blame. As I was there I am fully aware that I didn’t get up to speed and that’s my fault. 

Dont give up its a setback for sure, just get out there practicing and go again. Failing anything is a pain but once you have passed you will forget all about it and you can start to enjoy the world on a motorbike. Nothing beats being out on your bike. Chin up you will do it.

If the aspiration isn't there, have a good think about what you would do when you pass, will you be touring, commuting, pleasure riding, how often will you get out and ride, what type of bike will you buy, still interested and you can see yourself riding and getting out then carry on, if not and all full of doubt I wouldn't bother. I think biking is getting harder and harder. I don't think I could take my test again; it sounds too bloody hard. Give it a go and good luck. 

9 minutes ago, Gerontious said:

So did we manage to drive away another new member looking for encouragement? Ah well. Plenty more where he came from.

No, but sometimes people don't like the answer to the question they ask. 

The answers were pretty much all positive. 

9 hours ago, Tigs said:

I'm wondering what they asked...

How do you keep your cool in a mod 1 - would be a good question for myself!

They were too slow in a mod 1 manoeuvre and failed. They were considering giving up entirely because of this set back. They then deleted their post and buggered awf ironically at break neck speed.

43 minutes ago, goat said:

They were too slow in a mod 1 manoeuvre and failed. They were considering giving up entirely because of this set back. They then deleted their post and buggered awf ironically at break neck speed.

It was hazard avoidance! They were moaning that mod 1 was stupid because they only failed to reach the required speed by a couple of MPH! (43kph first go, 47kph second)