Titan Air Compressor - what quick release fittings do I need?

Fiddlesticks

I bought one of these air compressors from Screwfix a while ago which comes with a cheap hose and a few tools. The hose has a quick release fitting on the compressor end.

I want to get some quick release connectors on all the tools, and pick up a better hose and inflator tool.  Is there anyone with a similar setup who could advise what connectors I need?

Thanks

Don't spend anymore money and return it.

That compressor is REALLY BAD!!!

The motor is identical to the ones used in hairdryer and it will last a couple months.

The fittings for that compressor are the amateur type and you  will need to make sure the connector is the same (I don't remember which of the 2 types that one is) or it won't fit.

Again,

return that piece of crap today!!!

• Like 1

The fittings are probably euro fittings. Nothing wrong with the fittings, they come on a huge range of cheaper compressors and work fine. I bought a 100l compressor branded as Wolf - it's the same far eastern made type sold by Machine Mart as Clarke, and loads of other rebranded types are the same.

All of Aldi's air stuff comes with euro connectors. A mate of mine ran a professional bodyshop and used the older UK type of connector and I was going to change over but he pointed out that if I stuck with the euro type then there would be plenty of cheap tools available without messing about. 

They snap into place rather than screwing in so I think the connector is missing on that tool shown.

• Like 1

Hi @Fiddlesticks

Try this euro fittings kit for less than a tenner if my memory serves, just add PTFE tape.

ttps://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B08HMKRSTK/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I bought a new compressor last year and had to get a small selection of Euro quick fit fittings.

Cheer

Ian

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Bender said:

Remove threaded bit you have and replace with quick release male end, thread in gun is likely imperial usually 1/4 so you need 1/4 male taper to pointy clicky end 😁 of choice. 

"Pointy clicky end" is technical jargon for the connector. 

• Haha 2

On 07/02/2023 at 17:44, Ian Frog said:

Hi @Fiddlesticks

Try this euro fittings kit for less than a tenner if my memory serves, just add PTFE tape.

ttps://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B08HMKRSTK/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I bought a new compressor last year and had to get a small selection of Euro quick fit fittings.

Cheer

Ian

Thanks all for the replies. I went for @Ian Frog suggestion above

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B08HMKRSTK/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

... and it seems to do the job.

I think either of the small connectors to the tools would have worked - just would have had to remove the existing fittings. They'll be useful in the future.

IMG_20230211_114542.thumb.jpg.44914d7073b9e1d7f671d1b4e49dc5a0.jpgIMG_20230211_115139.thumb.jpg.3b2a526d797c02a71be56d1dd0d2f88e.jpg

• Like 3