Stunning footage of Healy Pass

rob m

This was uploaded today by Saddlebags. I liked the whole video but I think this is the most jaw dropping drone footage I've seen of a motorcycle ride on Youtube, the music makes it incredibly moving. Link is timestamped.

• Like 3

Thank you for sharing. We have wondered if we should put the Wild Atlantic Route on our list of places to tour. I had never heard of the Healy Pass but will be part of that tour if we do go. 

We went there a few years ago and enjoyed fabulous weather. one thing that has stuck with me. The groundsman at the campsite we stayed at in Killarney told us.. with a thick Polish accent.

"It happens every year.. the holiday makers go home and the sun comes out."

This was our usual week immediately after the August bank holiday, I have great memories of that week. and riding the Healy Pass. During Covid it was much easier that year to go to Ireland than across to the Eifel.

This photo taken above Glanmore Lake on the Healy pass.  looking across kenmare bay and the Iveragh Peninsula with the mountains of the Dingle Peninsula on the horizon.

IMG_0413.thumb.JPG.dfcf93f8c87f59b162b8dd0a0d8580dc.JPG

Some very nadgery and narrow roads to tackle.. many were truly stunning though. definitely worth a revisit one day.

Our original intention was to ride the WAW but we stayed in this area as it was truly wonderful and more than enough there to keep us busy for a week.

But if you want to do the route, just follow the signs.

IMG_0395.thumb.JPG.e0dba274dc2e4101e873262ff25b57de.JPG

• Like 1