SRL or alternate intercoms for Neotec 2

Hi.  I'm looking for an headset primarily for sat nav instruction but want it to also connect to group rides.
I'm using the Neotec 2 helmet which can have the Sena SRL integrated.  Question is would you go for the SRL or go for an alternate which can be used with other helmets down the line?
Recommendations would be welcome as well please.
Thanks

Depends on when your helmet is needing replacement and will you go for the same one again?

the thing with Sena that i nevef understand is they are only water resistant and not water proof so there is always a potential problem and you cant claim warranty for that.

cardo are a good alternative, certain models can mesh like sena, actually water proof , most use jbl speakers which are good and is generally cheap to buy too depending on where you are.

I have the SRL, and my pillion has the SMH.I don’t have time to detail the issues (currently touring) but I wouldn’t buy them again. Our previous (Cardo) headsets were much better. 

Briefly, Pairing is unreliable, particularly with the Motorrad Navigators. constant sounds (wind noise)  from the other set, the SRL randomly asks for me to “say a command”, battery life is poor (always transmitting). 

Edited by Steve_M

I have a Sena 50R clipped to the side of my Neotec 2 after previously having it clipped to the side a BMW System Helmet. It's been drowned in monsoon style rain, baked in the blazing sun, rolled around the floor and generally used rather than cared for. It's worked perfectly. In truth it's a bit over spec'd for what I use it for and I only use a fraction of it's features, but I just switch it on, it pairs automatically to the phone & the sat nav and off you go

One issue with the Neotec, IIRC, is finding a suitable position to mount a comms system. The most natural place is already taken up by the integrated SRL controls.