All sots

Jjd

Hi new here and new to bikes , my son just done is cbt a few weeks back and as since had him self a bike , it is a 125cc skygo cruiser, well the issue he is haveing is , the keeps blowing the lights , and he as gone through 2cdi boxes, he as put new solenoid on it , and the bike will not start right or will on times start and run and then light may blow or indicators will not work to , and on times it want start of electric start but will on the kick start , so been thinking on just getting the electric start out of way and just going for the kick start , but can he get the bikes light and indicator to still run dose the bike real need solenoid,Cadillac, and starter Moto on bike thanks in advance for any reply on this thanks 

Well took a look today and the battery is toast down on volts and the top as come off as well as swollen on sides , will get new one tomorrow, took a look at the loom and no obvious signs of damage but redone all connections and taped up , so out of curiosity I connected up a old battery and disconnected starter Moto and solenoid and disconnected the starter switch on handlebars so the volts where just running from battery for rectifier and ignition switch kicked bike over and it run but was dieing when I reved it up so will get new battery and see what happens 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, megaross said:

If the battery has swollen like that you're almost certainly overcharging it - boiling it.

Check your charging voltage at idle and revved. 

Yup, blown bulbs and expanding battery is not getting caused by a poor connection 

• Haha 1

A multimeter is preferable, you can diagnose properly then.

I had a sprint once that had both stator and reg rec fail, my guess is the shite corroded connection worked one to death and that killed the other. I'm not a electrical engineer so I couldn't give you a detailed FMEA but that's what my tea and nicotine stained, fly bitten garage monkey brain says.

Had I not tested both before ordering parts I'd have had a bigger job of it.

Yep if the batts swollen not from the cold or natural hot heat, its over charging so first point is its rec thats gone. as its job to convert/even out/distribute the voltage/amps from the stator

Old hondas have a habit to kill recs quite alot but had decent stats that were just around the limit with abit of age degradation while the triumphs for the sprint and daytonas had a poor stats from the off so after afew years of degradation that gave the recs a hard time which gave them shorter lifespan.

Edited by RideWithStyles