newbie saying hi 👋

mich0666

Please tell me I’m not the only one who’s passed their CBT and feels really anxious every time I get on my bike? I’ll do whatever it takes to stay away from busy roads with lots of junctions! Oh and it’s safe to say I’m a woman obviously in the throes of a mid life crisis 😩😂

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, mich0666 said:

Please tell me I’m not the only one who’s passed their CBT and feels really anxious every time I get on my bike? I’ll do whatever it takes to stay away from busy roads with lots of junctions! Oh and it’s safe to say I’m a woman obviously in the throes of a mid life crisis 😩😂

Welcome, and no you're not the only one. Keep getting out and gently push your comfort zone. The more you do it the better you'll feel about it. Maybe see if there is someone you know who can ride out with you. I still get anxious about riding especially if I haven't been out in a long time.

10 minutes ago, goat said:

Welcome, and no you're not the only one. Keep getting out and gently push your comfort zone. The more you do it the better you'll feel about it. Maybe see if there is someone you know who can ride out with you. I still get anxious about riding especially if I haven't been out in a long time.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm still nervous now.  I passed my CBT probably the wrong time of year as I don't expect to ride much in the dark and cold, but the more you go on your bike the less anxious you are.  being worried is good it means you're aware.  That is what I have been told.

JJ

Yep been there and seen it, JUST KEEP PRACTICING including the weakest part of your riding so its not a problem.

Jan is Correct aslong as its about the right things for actual priority- cars and people yes, squirrels and small birds no as ive have seen the irrational. 

remember your training, and if needs be some schools will offer extra training just to make sure.

Very worst case if you wanted you could ask others to ride with / drive behind for support until you get more comfortable about it?

• Like 1

Welcome!

As others have said, keep getting out and expanding your envelope. You will slowly begine to relax & gain confidence. I returned (or more accurately, started!) this year after passing my test in the '90s so felt ever so slightly nervous for a quite a few miles :)

• Like 3

Always ride in your limits, however don't avoid.  Just build up to.

Don't ride to a timetable, if your riding to see a friend. Better to arrive early then rush on a bike being late.

8 years ago I started riding in September and by Christmas I had full licence. Then I rode every where.

Take your time build your confidence.  

I always remember my first big ride on big bike. I worried about one roundabout that was always challenging in the car. 

There was no easy way round, I got there and it was easier than the car.

You don't have the cage or presence of a car on the road.  Then you can do things that cars cannot.

Edited by onesea
  • Like 2