Long legged newbie seeking trousers

Hello,

In the last few months I've passed my CBT, bought a bike and have sourced much of the clothing I think I need, with the exception of some bike specific trousers. I've visited many bike accessory shops and tried on countless trousers but have not been able to find anything that fits. What's my problem I hear you ask? Well, I'm 6'4" with an inside leg measuring 35/36" and a 34" waist. Apparently this isn't normal.

I'd initially wanted a set of motorbike jeans but at this point would settle for anything that fits and offers more protection than a standard set of jeans.

I can't be the only one in this situation but have now exhausted all the options I can think of (other than 'possibly suspect' Facebook stores or bespoke clothing) and so am appealing to your more extensive experience to see if anyone has any recommendations.

Mike

This size guide is from Rukka

In my opinion they are pretty much the best motorbike clothing you can buy. 
They are defiantly not cheap, but they are a brilliant investment. 
Obviously it a personal choice, but if you are out of options….

The large size in the pants long leg option looks perfect for you. 

IMG_9944.thumb.jpeg.e29e964cce63c68be62a26d4e0f4b6dc.jpeg
There is a big selection from Sportsbikeshop here

https://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/motorcycle_parts/content_cat/1306

If you go through this site they will get a bit of commission to help keep it going. 

Good luck in your search. 

EDIT:

After a quick look through some brands on SBS I found these that may be within your budget. I reread your post and saw that you’ve only just passed your CBT so won’t want to be spending Rukka sort of money 

https://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/motorcycle_parts/content_prod/688169

Edited by fullscreenaging

Rukka trousers with the code number C3 are what I go for. And they have proven to be a worthy investment. Mine are now more than 10 years old. And still going strong. Just.. don’t mention that they use Goretex as this tends to overexcite the hoi polloi.

im 6’7 in my boots and go for trousers with a 35” inside leg. And have found it a bit of a struggle finding gear to fit.

sportsbikeshop allow you to search based on leg length with these being the results for “long leg”.  https://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/motorcycle_parts/content_cat/317/(5;product_rating;DESC;0-0;all;157;131;421)

• Haha 1

I'm from an 'outdoor' background and am well aware of the Goretex conversation.

Thanks for your comments so far, it'll give me something to investigate tomorrow (which is what I needed).

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, renMike said:

Are they protective as well as water proof?  They would look good but no point getting them unless they are protective.  I would like a pair of bike jeans.

JJ

20 hours ago, janinej said:

Are they protective as well as water proof?  They would look good but no point getting them unless they are protective.  I would like a pair of bike jeans.

JJ

No idea really, that's part of what I'm trying to find out. Just looking for long (36") in a 34" waist safe pair of trousers for biking.