Rally club

Hi all,

I've been invited to visit a motorcycle club in Wales in a few weeks time with my neighbour.  I've googled them and they seem fun but also a bit scary.  Is anyone here part of a rally club or motorcycle club?  I'd like to go but also a bit nervous.

JJ

I used to love a good rally. They range from something like the MAG Farmyard to a field in the middle of nowhere. Basically a bunch of folk turn up, camp and get pissed and wasted. For me the better ones have a band and a bar and decent facilities, but you can have a great time in a field sat around a fire talking bollocks. Not sure what one would be like at this time of year, I guess it would all come down to the set up. Most bikers are a very friendly bunch. The only time I really saw any bother was when patch clubs were around, they have this whole weird tribal thing going on, best avoided.

17 minutes ago, janinej said:

Are the hells angels a patch club?

According to the  National Criminal Intelligence Service (NCIS), the British Hells Angels are involved in cannabis and amphetamine trafficking, as well as contract killing, extortion, prostitution money laundering and credit card fraud!..... Apart from all that I'm sure they're very nice blokes! ;)

If I see one of them

3 minutes ago, KiwiBob said:

According to the  National Criminal Intelligence Service (NCIS), the British Hells Angels are involved in cannabis and amphetamine trafficking, as well as contract killing, extortion, prostitution money laundering and credit card fraud!..... Apart from all that I'm sure they're very nice blokes! ;)

If I see one of them I'll run away as fast as I can 😬

19 minutes ago, KiwiBob said:

I wouldn't worry about them! .. They won't bother you unless you piss them off or are a member of a rival gang!

Is it the hells angels that give bikers a bad name?

Something best not to get involved with, patch clubs IMHO are an interesting breed.

I know I have arranged a meet that has been checked out by one of the local patch’s.  Just to make sure we are not stepping on toes (apparently I live on boarder of 2 rival patches).

I am not certain where females stand amongst them.

They take there patches and themselves a little serious:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4097098/Furious-biker-forces-man-Sons-Anarchy-jacket-wasn-t-member-gang-didn-t-earn-it.html

As someone else said as long as your not involved they will not involve you.  Once a group of middle aged men had been confirmed not to be patch we where left alone.

There are others:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Satans_Slaves_Motorcycle_Club
https://www.hellsangelsmcwessex.co.uk/history

And affiliated clubs etc, some of which are feeders for big clubs.

If they have a patch they are probably linked to a bigger patch group in some way.

Although my local affiliates it’s more likely zimmers at dawn, until they call big brother back up.

However if there are no patches it could just be a group of people having some fun..

Curved riders are a good group to join for advice.

Edited by onesea
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, janinej said:

Is it the hells angels that give bikers a bad name?

Not really, they mostly try and fly under the radar as far as the general public are concerned.

it’s the helmetless thugs with machetes on stolen scooters that do it

• Like 1

Bikers in general are quite a laid back bunch.  There are, as in any large group, a few boat anchors, but in general they are fine.

Whether it be a bike rally, a bikers pub, nightclub or bike club meeting, you will not come across any trouble unless you seek it out.

During many many years of attendng clubs, rallies, getting pissed in my favourite bikers pubs every friday and saturday ect, the only very rare trouble I ever saw was when young bloods dressed smartly in their fashionable dance club clothes came in to explore the rough end of town,  had one too many and started trouble.  

Bikers gatherings tend to police themselves.