Shoei Neotek 2

Mawsley

Two years old, deeply disappointed with the shoddiness of the lid.

The flip front no longer remains firmly up, nor does it securely and easily close securely. The padding on the right-hand side is constantly coming away from the helmet. The Pinlock doesn’t seem to match the shape of the visor, and the visor has always allowed rain to run down the inside.

Then there’s the matter of SENA’S integrated SRL2. Microphone won’t work in motion due to the helmet’s internal noise thereby rendering all voice commands useless - leaving you to memorise the incomprehensible list of button pushes - half of which are nothing like that detailed in the booklet. And four hours battery life on a battery that can’t be changed? Nah, I don’t think so.

Considering the price I paid for the package, it’s killed my love for Shoei. I’m now looking for my next one and it sure as shit won’t be a Neotek 3.

• Like 3

Hi @Mawsley I am 2 years in on the HJC RPHA Carbon which has built in Sena capability with none of the problems you mention including all day use on a charge for the intercom.

I accept it1s not a flip front but I would guess their range may have something in it that would suit you.

Give me a shout if you want to have a good close look at it.

Cheers

Ian

• Like 1

I'm with Keith, had mine for three years now, worn in all weathers, with no real issues.  My only gripe is the Pinlock, doesn't matter how I adjust it, I just can't get it to fit properly, which means the visor regularly mists up in the cold, wet weather, which is a pain in the arse.  Personally, I wouldn't even consider changing the Neotec 2 for the 3, there doesn't really seem to be any great upgrades or improvements to speak off that would warrant the cost.  When I do change helmets I may have a look at Schuberth which seem to get good reviews.

4 hours ago, Ian Frog said:

Hi @Mawsley I am 2 years in on the HJC RPHA Carbon which has built in Sena capability with none of the problems you mention including all day use on a charge for the intercom.

I accept it1s not a flip front but I would guess their range may have something in it that would suit you.

Give me a shout if you want to have a good close look at it.

Cheers

Ian

I think the Sena set in that looks almost identical to the version they make for Shoei…which is going to be a nah. The system for the Schuberth has replaceable battery packs which is a win for me for music on the peage next year. 😁

3 hours ago, keith1200rs said:

I would suggest you contact Shoei about your problems. I've had my Neotec 2 for 5 years with no problems. You need to snap the visor fully down in the rain, not just "closed"

Never registered, but I replace my lids every couple of years anyway so I’m not really up for a debate with a CS department. My experience of these sort of things is that it’s always aggro so I don’t bother.

3 hours ago, manxie49 said:

I'm with Keith, had mine for three years now, worn in all weathers, with no real issues.  My only gripe is the Pinlock, doesn't matter how I adjust it, I just can't get it to fit properly, which means the visor regularly mists up in the cold, wet weather, which is a pain in the arse.  Personally, I wouldn't even consider changing the Neotec 2 for the 3, there doesn't really seem to be any great upgrades or improvements to speak off that would warrant the cost.  When I do change helmets I may have a look at Schuberth which seem to get good reviews.

Popped on a Schuberth for the first time last week as this was top of the list…but I did feel a bit Jimmy Hill chin in it, there’s not a lot of room in there, eh. Still think a C4 Pro will win out though because of the silence in use and the functionality of the pre installed speakers/mike.

40 minutes ago, fullscreenaging said:

@Mawsley

If you’re a size small I have this up for sale. 

Fatter head than that 😉

• Haha 1